Stevie Ray Vaughannabe

Started by rasco22862, December 18, 2006, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

Intermittent pedal?

Just rig up the Geo variable stuttering pedal circuit with a random driver.

Here's one used for simulating arc-welding sputtering on model train setups: http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/pic/arc_weld_mods.gif
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

MartyMart

Quote from: Torchy on December 18, 2006, 06:38:04 PM
I have an intermittent pedal. I call it the Vague-a-tron-ulator.

Its a pedal for 30 seconds, then its a pizza, then its a small piece of green carpet, then its a banana then its a model spitfire, then its a frying pa ....

Someone else read "The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" then ... :icon_wink:

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

analog kid

QuoteYeah, there seems to be at least two people thinking it's real. I didn't wanna spoil it for them
Arrghh! And we shouldn't have!
 Someone truely thought that was Real Stuff!!??  Photo shopped boss pedals.  An OD-1 magically becomes , the ever so sought after "TONE SUCK"!!! awww  Yeah
I actually thought you guys were just throwing some pretty good little 'jabs' in there with the "ego compressor", "talent booster" lines.  I thought they were pretty good ones too ; )
seriously though , unless he's 'in on the joke' , I don't think that's very cool tossing mr. Kinman's name in there on the gag!! He's quite a respected Pup man.  Well well, Hold on...
Now that I think about it, don't I recognize that web page "background"?? Isn't that similar to that which was on his old site? Just reaching maybe
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..

petemoore

1rst.Guitar/Pickups <<<< (pedals etc. last}  >>>>>1rst.Amp/Speakers.
  I know I don't like 13's for heavy strings, as far as building up a Twins with 2x massive PT's and HD OT's and etc., I doubt we'll be getting around to that anytime soon...or any of the other 'whacky' tube amp tech approaches [what'd I read 700v on the plates?...]
  Anyway, tubescreamer is what everybody Vaughnting that tone opts for.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Somicide

the real secret to Stevie's mojo/tone?  Junction box on a long extension cord, it was in a recent (I think) GuitarWorld. ;D
Peace 'n Love

analog kid

QuoteJunction box on a long extension cord, it was in a recent (I think) GuitarWorld.
really now, I don't follow.  whatta you mean a "junction box" was the biggest part of that tone?! By "extension cord" do you just mean extra long cable , I assume?
   being serious now, The guy was/is truely one of my idols. I just pretty much tried to live my life like him at one point I was so obsessed when I was a kid. And I never really went to the trouble to find out (and I don't know why) exactly what were the ingredients to that "special" unique tone!
A TS and maybe a Rangemasteror other booster of sme type  on all the time is what I'd always figured, that OFFSET against the extra heavy strings would give some MEAT to the full treble boost 
I was so focused on watching 'him' when i saw him , I never really paid much mind to what he stepped on. BESIDES No.1 !!    Maybe there is a Vibe on in there alot more than I realized
I could probably just search the forum and find a hundred threads discussing SRV's setup and Likely will while I'm thinking of it but I thought , since the subject was coming up....
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..

The Tone God

While I am getting some laughs I think this thread has become lounge material.

Andrew

axeman010

Had to join in on this one !!!!!!

This Webb site has just made me pi$$ my pants with laughter !!!!!!!

In our local area there is a blues player who is worshiped by the Landlord of our local pub
(would love to name names!) who runs the Sunday night Jam.
Although he is good he has the Ego the size of a large planet. Some months ago I joked with a fellow
guitarist that I was going to build a TA EGO Booster (TA = The initials of the said blues player).

The function of this pedal would be that as any other guitarist in the jam turned up their amp it would automatically
boost the volume of the person using the pedal by 10 times the amount of the other guitarist. Thus any unnecessary
detraction of attention of the audience from the pedal user would be avoided.

Anybody want to commission me for the first prototype ?

Axeman.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

Rafa

QuoteYeah, there seems to be at least two people thinking it's real. I didn't wanna spoil it for them
Yes I must admit Im not a smart guy, I thought they were real pedals that could be bought by internet. The pedals look like Boss pedals but long ago someone posted about a CE-2 copy (007 I think was the name) so maybe those were real.
Now that I looked again I realise that those copies are pathetic.
Sorry :icon_rolleyes:
Cheers
Rafa

george

Quote from: Torchy on December 18, 2006, 06:38:04 PM
I have an intermittent pedal. I call it the Vague-a-tron-ulator.

Its a pedal for 30 seconds, then its a pizza, then its a small piece of green carpet, then its a banana then its a model spitfire, then its a frying pa ....

model spitfire?!?  gotta have one!!!!

Rafa

QuoteI have an intermittent pedal. I call it the Vague-a-tron-ulator.

I want photos  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Karmasound

If you got to Tone Quest Report you can find an intrerview with C. Diaz the man responsible for SRV's tone. It is interesting.

Paul Marossy

Man, I gotta make me one of those junction box cord extension pedals! THEN I'll finally have the magic SRV sound!! :icon_lol: