morley clw mods

Started by liakos, December 20, 2006, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liakos

hi can you help me modify my morley clw.i want to do modify the gain and bass response,sweep rangeand also try the vocal mod any ideas?i did a search but i didn't found anything!

Meanderthal

I'm not quite sure of the exact model you have, but I can help if it'

This is what I changed on my pro series pdw to make it even better for bass, and even out the levels for wah and volume full up, and increase wah intensity-

c2- .01uf
c4- 68pf
c5- .01uf
c6- .0068
r6- 390k
r7- 10k
r28- 3k

You might have the same circuit board, but I don't really know. Some have buffers, some don't have distortion or volume pedal, some are vioced different... Check out the schematics at www.morleypedals.com- That's where I got my ideas from, by comparing schematics.

I am not responsible for your imagination.

Meanderthal

Ok, I checked my schematic against yours. The mods will work for ya except- you don't need to change r7, and you don't have r28 because you don't have the volume pedal part. Your wah section is otherwise identical to mine.

Here's yours:

http://www.morleypedals.com/clwes.pdf

Here's mine:

http://www.morleypedals.com/pdwes.pdf

And here's the mods that apply:

c2- .01uf
c4- 68pf
c5- .01uf
c6- .0068
r6- 390k

liakos

Meanderthal

Yep, no problem... do the mods one at a time so you can hear what it does... you'll get a feel for voicing these wahs that way.

Meanderthal

Correction- r28 is not for the volume pedal on mine, it's for led intensity for the led that controls the ldr which does the wah thing... so you can do that mod...

Change r8 on yours to 3k or down as far as 2.2k for more intensity...

liakos

do you know which one is the sweep cap?

Meanderthal

c4, c5 &c6 control the sweep range.

liakos

do you have any ideas for extra pots or switches for more versatility?

Meanderthal

For mine, yeah, bypass for the damn volume pedal... for yours, it's a simple circuit. Try the mods one at a time, and even other higher or lower values in each place except, don't go below that 2.2 k for that led or you might burn it out. If you find a particular change that you want to have the option of switching between the new and old, then just install a dpdt switch right there and keep both options. This could apply to every single change, so you decide which ones to make switchable.

You could install a 500k pot in series with a 200k resistor in place of r6 for a depth mod.

You could replace r8 with a 5k pot for a volume control, or go higher for a volume boost.

You could replace L4 with an ultrabright led.

There's just a ton of external whistles and bells possible...