Sonic Distortion SD-9 Dual Board

Started by marlin, December 22, 2006, 12:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marlin

Hi!

I heard that the SD-9 came in 2 different versions, one with a single board and one with 2 boards. I was wondering if someone has the schematics of the 2-board layout and have built it. I have an original SD-9 and i love it  :icon_biggrin:
Would like to know if there is much difference also between them soundwise....

My old:

analogmike

THe schematics and circuits are the same, the 2 boards allowed seperating things which killed some oscillations at higher gain settings. See my tibe screamer page which links to my SD9 page for more info. Have fun!
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

marlin

Thanks again Mike! You're everywhere!  :icon_biggrin:

Rafa

Wait a  minute
I built a SD9 sometime ago and it had only one transistor one Ic an a few caps lets 15.
Is that photo a an original SD9 inside?
Cheers
Rafa

Barcode80

rafa, if it was exactly as schematic, then you obvously left out the switching, which accounts for a few of those trannies and caps.

marlin

Quote from: Rafa on December 22, 2006, 04:23:34 PM
Wait a  minute
I built a SD9 sometime ago and it had only one transistor one Ic an a few caps lets 15.
Cheers
Rafa

Yea that's the original  ;D

Would be great to see a pic of the dual board, I've never seen it spec'd anywhere either when for sale etc, is it maybe really rare?

Rafa

QuoteWait a  minute
Cheers
Rafa

Yea that's the original 
So mine is wrong, I mean its not a SD9  ???
Cheers
Rafa

marlin

Quote from: Rafa on December 22, 2006, 06:11:04 PM
QuoteWait a  minute
Cheers
Rafa

Yea that's the original 
So mine is wrong, I mean its not a SD9  ???
Cheers
Rafa

From what layout did you bulid?

Rafa

from the one at General guitar gadgets

marlin

Quote from: Rafa on December 22, 2006, 06:38:54 PM
from the one at General guitar gadgets

Ok, to bad I'm not competent enough to tell what's left out.... :icon_confused:

Barcode80

okay, ONCE AGAIN :) if you made a clone, the electronic switching has been left out. 3 or 4 of those trannies in the sd-9 above are used in the electronic switching and buffer sections of the pedal, which are omitted in a diy clone in favor of a 3pdt or dpdt switch. the effect circuit would likely be identical (although check ggg to see if mods were included), just with the electronic switching removed.

Rafa

marlin

Thinking about getting a board from GGG myself just to have a backup to my SD-9 and something to play with and moidfy... pretty sure it sounds the same.