STRANGE mulit-pedal problem

Started by Barcode80, January 01, 2007, 03:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

some of you have seen my never-ending posts about my sd-1 and bd-2. i got them both working, but i've noticed that i have 3 OD's (a stock ts-9, the sd-1 with fat mod, and the bd-2) which all are exhibiting the same problems:

1) gain pot acts somewhat like a volume pot, volume all up with gain all down sounds puny and almost nothing, shouldn't this sound kind of like a clean boost at this setting?

2) the distortion on the two boss units sounds kind of fuzzy and gated. almost like a dying battery, but both are running on a signal flex regulated pedal supply.

so i have 3 production pedals i can't use at all right now. any thoughts? i'll post voltages and the usual info tomorrow, when i'm not so sleepy...  :)

Barcode80

Meanderthal

Well... as far as #1 goes, those are overdrives(TS-9 & SD-1 are very similar, dunno bout the BD...) not clean boosts. My Ts-9 is exactly the same, and way back when I had an 808 it was also that way- kill all the gain and ya got nuttin'. They're really only supposed to simulate an overdriven tube amp, not actually overdrive one, but of course when you go past unity gain they can do that in addition to the clipping they always do anyway.

I am not responsible for your imagination.