topopiccione pcb printing

Started by dj_death, January 02, 2007, 06:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_death

High there, happy new year!
I'm interested in building the Boss dim-C at topoppiccione and i wonder if the pcb gif file needs to be opened by a specific program to print it at 1:1 size or simply it needs resizing. I have built the Badstone phaser but i can't remember if i resized the image or it had the correct size.

John

axeman010

Hi

I have just googled "topoppiccione" and got nothing !!

Please could you confirm the source of this PCB.

Axeman.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

hippo

dj_death

Oops! one more "p" ruined your search!

sfr

My experience with layouts from there was that they printed out fine if I put them at (I believe) 300 dpi. I printed them from Preview on my Mac.   Easy way to do it is just print it out on scrap paper, and either using the rulers alongside the layout or a DIP socket/chip, figure out if it needs resizing and how much. ( I have one of those handy-dandy "wheels" that allows you to figure out the percentage to shrink/grow something, given a starting size and a target size - you can buy them at copy shops/Staples, etc.)
sent from my orbital space station.

dj_death

Yes i use the same procedure to print a pcb image and resizing it. But the gif after resizing becomes distorted and i don't know if press and peel will have good results. I have also used programs like wingif but it prints it as a full page print. Did anybody built it and how he print the pcb?