Robot/Voice Changer IC

Started by dano12, January 18, 2007, 09:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dano12

I saw mention of a chip that is designed for voice-changing application--I think it was on this forum in the last few days. I forgot to bookmark it, arghhh, and now can't find it! Anyone remember what it was?

Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops, found it. The Holtek 8950.

http://www.holtek.com/english/docum/consumer/8950.htm

southtown

dano12

Quote from: southtown on January 18, 2007, 10:13:42 AM
simple vibrato pedal too?

Yep, it looks like this would be fun. I'm going to work up a schematic with a JFET buffer front end to better match the guitar's impedance and give it a shot.

caress

yeah this is a great circuit!  i'm working on a version right now with some different switching options, an additional LFO and some circuit bends...maybe a boost?  although it is damn loud.
you can get some really cheap HT8950 chips on ebay.  i scored 50 for around $20 and they're something like $5 or $8 each on smallbear... ???  anyways, this won't exactly work for a simple vibrato in the VB-2 or univibe sense.  the sound is really crunchy, lofi almost sounds in some ways similar to a bitcrusher/ringmod...i'll be working on a design for sale in the near future!

zachomega

So not a good vibrato sound then? 

-Zach Omega

dano12

caress

what i'm working on is based off that design...definetly not a vibrato in the magnatone sense...just so you know.  it is pretty rad, though!

Dan N

I have a bunch of those too.

Of course, they are still inside their protective enclosure: