Tonebender MKII reissue, help

Started by Wild Zebra, January 19, 2007, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Zebra

Well it had been awhile so I thought I'd put this together via Dragonfly's layout.  Went together real smooth.  Sounds like it should (I think, pretty creamy saturated fuzz).  BUT!!! I have very low volume in effect mode.  Decidely quieter than bypass.  I had this happen in a fuzz face I built too.  Are there any easy fixes?  I used AC128's around 120 hfe, Then I swapped them with some silicons with the same effect.  I didn't have a chance to take voltage measurements as I finished right before work.  And I don't know about ya'all, but the search function didn't seem to work.
"your stripes are killer bro"

petemoore

Well it had been awhile so I thought I'd put this together via Dragonfly's layout.  Went together real smooth.  Sounds like it should (I think, pretty creamy saturated fuzz).  BUT!!! I have very low volume in effect mode.  Decidely quieter than bypass.  I had this happen in a fuzz face I built too.  Are there any easy fixes?
  it needs debugged.
  I used AC128's around 120 hfe, Then I swapped them with some silicons with the same effect.  I didn't have a chance to take voltage measurements as I finished right before work.  And I don't know about ya'all, but the search function didn't seem to work.
  Try ROG or Homewrecker Fuzz Trek or something like that, they have posted many TB voltage 'targets' there, comparisons with these V's may probably point a bit closer to the fix, I would measure V's and R's.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Wild Zebra

I reckon I'll take some readings over the weekend.  ROG, etc. apply to the 3 tranny version.  And it didn't give an indication of hfe's for the trannies.
"your stripes are killer bro"