true bypassing the dano fab pedals..and another question...

Started by jonathan perez, January 22, 2007, 07:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

any word on that?

otherwise, im going with a heavy duty momentary and rehousing the whole bastard...

sound good?

i havent bought one yet, but have great intentions...its for my girlfriend, she wants a chorus, and i think the FAB is the bang for the buck, at the moment...

while im at it, is the Arion SCH-Z any good? from what ive READ, its decent and good for the price...but from what ive HEARD, the fab takes the take.

all opinions are welcome, im just trying to buy a good, cheap chorus...she wont let me pay more than 25 bucks.  ;D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

george

why don't you see how it sounds with the bypass it has before going to the hassle of true bypass, rehousing etc?

I don't see the point of doing true bypass unless the pedal is really sucking your tone.

After all people like SRV used stock Ibanez tube screamers that don't have true bypass ...

jonathan perez

i want to paint the enclosure for her...ive got a bunch lying around, so thats why i plan on rehousing it.

also, i think true-bypassing most pedals is a waste of time...youve gotta be a bedroom banger to really care to that much attention....

fixr1984

My father in law has the Fab Chorus.
Good sounding pedal, crappy sounding when bypassed. It
almost seems that on top of losing tone that maybe a little volume is
lost vs not having the pedal connected at all.
Other than the bypass tone loss it seems to be a good sounding pedal.

jonathan perez

burnt fingers

I just bought the FAB chorus.  Hell for $14 bucks it's ano brainer.  I like it.  I don't notice any real tone suck when it's off.  I sat with it for a few hours putting it in front of the amp, putting dirt boxes throught it, putting it in the loop.  I really didn't notice the tone suck.  I think it's a steal for $14. 

That being said, I'd love to rebox it with a proper switch just for the hell of it.  I'ts not as crappy as it looks but I can't imagine the plastic housing taking as much abuse as a hammond and a 3pdt.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

jonathan perez

i like how i often contradict myself...

anyways, ill just have to wait and see. its in the mail, hell, at 14 bucks, its a deal.  ;D

i REALLY dont mind having it sit next to my $200+ pedals, but my CE2 is debugged.  ;D ;D ;D

im excited, i get to build my girlfriend a cheap, awesome pedalboard...

i gave her my Traynor, and shes borrowing a 1x15 cab i had. sounds MONSTEROUS....but very nice.