Combining orders--UK shop

Started by Skreddy, January 24, 2007, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skreddy

I find it particularly difficult to source .22uf capacitors that are both small enough to fit a tight layout and sound good.

I like the white box style in 250v; they're a little big but will fit.  I just found some I'd like to try, Arcotronics.  It looks like they're made in Italy, which, I take it, makes them the same company that made the "Arco" caps in early Vox wahs?  Anyhow, the 63v .22uf caps look promising.  The only distributor I can find is Anglia, in the UK; and they have a $100 minimum for overseas orders.

Browse their inventory and see if you'd like to combine orders with me.  Here's a link directly to the Arcotronics line, but obviously feel free to order anything on Anglia's site...

http://www.anglia.com/arcotronics/product_range.asp

Please post your part#, qty, and price in this thread and follow up with me via email, and I'll get this started.  I'll foot the initial UK shipping cost and charge you actual cost to send you your bag of parts.

Alternative, of course, would be if you're in the UK and would like to serve as liason to bypass the $100 minimum.

Thank you!

gez

These things?

Try here

Rapid used to have a min order for overseas customers, though not sure that applies now as prices are quoted in dollars and euros...apologies if this isn't the case (or if this isn't the type of cap you were after).

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Skreddy

Yeah; that's it.  Rapid has a 100₤ minimum for overseas orders; so that's like twice as much as Anglia given the exchange rate (unless the Anglia representative mistakenly tole me dollars instead of pounds).

Rapid looks like they have an even better selection, so either way's fine with me.

gez

How many are you after?  I'm not really willing to act as a go between for millions of forum members (no offence to said millions by the way), but if you're only after a few and have a Paypal account PM me and I'll slap some on my next order.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Skreddy

I just double checked, and it looks like the price I was quoted by Anglia is less than Rapid's (at low quantities, anyhow).  I'd like to buy a small number, like 100, just to try them out before committing lots of funds to any particular new part.  But $10 is no big deal.

Shall we give the forumites a day or so to decide if they'd like to get onboard with an order before going ahead with your generous offer to act as a broker?  If nobody else wants to jump in and combine orders for a $100 minimum at Anglia, then we'll do it with Rapid on a small scale.

gez

Skreddy

Skreddy

To all: be advised that Rapid is a good source for BC108 and BC109 transistors (in A, B, and C gain sets), which are nice for silicon fuzzes and sweet sounding even in linear applications...  :icon_idea:

Skreddy

Gez; I'll go ahead and order 100 of those 10-3264 caps at Rapid if nobody pipes in by tomorrow afternoon.  I'll PayPal you whenever you're ready to put in an order, and include extra for shipping and handling.  Thank you!

Ge_Whiz

Hey gez - if you use those Rapid black knobs, they have some going cheap because they are non-ROHs. Otherwise identical (they're the ones they use to sell, clearly).

gez

Phil, not sure which knobs you mean.

Skreddy, I'll PM you tomorrow if nobody else chips in.