Dunlop Crybaby 535 Schematic

Started by Cardboard Tube Samurai, January 27, 2007, 10:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Can someone please assist me in finding one? I have searched, but to no avail. It's the one with the volume boost (volume wah)

jonathan perez

no need for one, its the same as any crybaby with a sweep cap selector, volume and q control.

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/WahMod.htm

these mods are the same. use a selector switch for the sweep caps, to choose between .01, .012, .015, .022, .047

place a 100k pot in place of the 68k input resistor.

place a 100k pot in place of the 33k Q resistor.

thats alll there is to it!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on January 27, 2007, 10:54:34 PM
no need for one, its the same as any crybaby with a sweep cap selector, volume and q control.

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/WahMod.htm

these mods are the same. use a selector switch for the sweep caps, to choose between .01, .012, .015, .022, .047

place a 100k pot in place of the 68k input resistor.

place a 100k pot in place of the 33k Q resistor.

thats alll there is to it!

Thanks for that... the PCB in that image image looks very different to the PCB in my wah though... mine is much bigger and has more components. It's pretty much twice the size.

You might be able to help me start trouble-shooting though. For some reason, occasionally when I turn on my wah, it causes my amp to fade out. I will be half way through a wah-solo and I end up with no sound. The only way I can get sound again is to unplug the wah. My practise amp actually doesn't work anymore after this occurred a couple of times... I thought it was just the amp, but then realised it was the wah when it happened to my gigging amp too.

rockgardenlove

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Seljer

Quote from: rockgardenlove on January 28, 2007, 01:02:23 AM
Doesn't the 535 use ICs?

its just got an opamp based input and output buffer (and the output buffer is also setup to work as a boost)

tcobretti

Thanks for the schems, Kusi!  I hadn't seen those before.  It's nice to know what's going on in those wahs.