Source for these knobs? Voodoo lab style

Started by John Lyons, February 01, 2007, 12:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

These are similar to the Voodoo lab knobs but mine are 50's 60's vintage.
I have a few left but I love them and will need more eventually.
I like the fact that they are a large diameter yet low profile.

Any ideas? Do tell.

Thanks

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ronsonic

I got some very like that from Mouser a few years ago. Don't know if they've still got 'em in the catalog.

Why don't they all just make the kind of knobs I like in vast quantity, cheap and sell them in a place only I know about.

Gotta tell you, that's some very sweet looking work you do.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

John Lyons

Any way you can post a pic of the ones you got?
Mouser has those little graphical pics but they are different in real life... Then I will know for sure..then look at mouser to see if they still have them.

Thanks (for the compliment as well)

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

joegagan

this is killer resource for knobs of many types. mcs direct.   industrial supply

the prices are great, just don't tell the 'boutique amp supply guys"
they have the knob you want on this page for under 90 cents each if you buy 10 pcs or more:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=1162&PMS0NO=00000503400&PMT4NO=17449947&PMT4TP=
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

edit, fixed the url tag above
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

smallbearelec

The pic looks like a series of Mil-spec knobs that Davies Molding has been making forever. I would like to carry the style you mentioned and I'll try to find them.

Geoffrey Teese

Hey Joe Gagan,

Dude, we need to talk.  I'm still sitting on some bad paper that needs to be taken care of.  Don't even tell me you forgot about it. Email me.  I emailed you through the address listed on your profile but got no response.  Since you're posting here again I have no recourse but to openly post this "little reminder" in hopes that you will finally take care of business, just as I stated in my email to you.

GRT

John Lyons

uh-oh joe... your in trouble....(not that I know anything about this...)
Thanks for the link joe, I'll check that out.

The knobs pictured are off old test equipment and are daka-ware branded. about 1.25" in diameter.

Steve, that would be cool if you can find a source for them, you seem to find everything else!!!!!!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ronsonic

Uh, scratch that Mouser suggestion. Try page 684 of the current Allied catalog.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

John Lyons

The link that Joegagan posted has them! Looks to be exactly the same.
Thanks Joe!

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

markm

I bought some of the from Mouser.
I beleive they still carry them John.

John Lyons

thanks mark.
Can you post a quick pic?
I won't believe you otherwise... (joke)

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

markm

Quote from: Basicaudio on February 01, 2007, 12:05:01 PM
thanks mark.
Can you post a quick pic?
I won't believe you otherwise... (joke)

John

:icon_lol:

Okay.
Here's a pic of ONE of the knobs!!

tiges_ tendres

I bought a bunch of those from colin raffel.  Experamentalists anonymous chap.  I think he is out now though.  and they were the push on kind, no set screw.
Try a little tenderness.

John Lyons

Looks like the same knob to me mark, Thanks for posting that.
Yay mouser!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

WelshWonder

smallbearelec

I have done my homework. These are Davies Molding #1500. Nice knob...I should have stocked them a long time ago, but I will take of it now. The interesting question is whether I can get Davies to make these in colors, or whether I will have to go to China like I did for the #1510. Davies is very good for the things they do make, but very difficult to deal with for anything that's "not on the menu." I was surprised when their rep said that they would do those Red and White Chicken-heads. Sometimes it pays to ask.