Crybaby 535 with opamps how to make true bypass ??

Started by alfafalfa, February 06, 2007, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfafalfa

Hi,  Can anyone help to make my crybaby 535 true bypass.
There's a switch with just two contacts and is soldered right onto the pcb board with two leds.
Then there's a 8 pole connector going to the main board.
How do I wire it up for true bypass with 3p3t switch ?

Thanks, Alf

alfafalfa

No-one ?

I could of course , disengage the in and out sockets and send them to the 3p3t switch and back but what does the original spst switch do ???

Alf

AC30Dirty

I don't know of anyone being abel to true bypass a 535 wah. I read that you had to cut alot of traces on the circuit and that it was way to complicated. I have a regular crybaby that I modded to have everything a 535 has. ITS TRUE BYPASS ALSO!!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Dirk_Hendrik

It is indeed a shitty job as you do vave to cut some traces and rewire. However, it can be done. I'm sure of it. I did it a year ago and, together with making the booster circuit independent of the wah and TB as well, it took me some 3 hours.  ::)
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

missing_dave

this has been a thorn in my side for awhile now as well..ive looked everywhere..... so Dirk  HOW YOU DO IT !!! ;D

ive been thinking about just going to BYOC they have a wah kit now...
"I don't know sh*t about alot of the stuff here. But knowing that makes me know more than most." -me

rockgardenlove

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: missing_dave on February 07, 2007, 02:07:26 PM
so Dirk  HOW YOU DO IT !!! ;D

Identify input of circuit
identify output of circuit
disconnect these from the jacks (in this case, cut traces)

Add TB switch.

Might be a simple explanation but that's really all there's to it.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

alfafalfa

En  wat doet de  schakelaar precies DIrk Hendrik ?

Er zitten maar 2 polen dus aan/uit  op. Wat schakelt deze ??

Groeten uit Eindhoven,   Alf

Dirk_Hendrik

It's an English board. Let's respect those who also want to learn as well ;) PM for Dutch is fine.

To TB the thing you'll have to replace the switch with a DPDT one. The one used in the original is used in a rather large circuit that switches between dry and wet signal electronically.

alfafalfa

Didn't mean any disrespect to the people on this board  just wanted to let you know there's a fellow countryman here.
Thanks for the explanation . Will try.

Alf

max77

hi alfafalfa

do you have a picture of GCB 535.

i want to see inside .
i think it's something wrong with my wah.
it's not have some part (capacitor) on pcb board.

thanh you.

jonathan perez

Quote from: max77 on August 08, 2007, 09:39:16 PM
hi alfafalfa

do you have a picture of GCB 535.

i want to see inside .
i think it's something wrong with my wah.
it's not have some part (capacitor) on pcb board.

thanh you.

a picture of the guts should not be able to determine what problem you have with your wah. what sounds are you getting/not getting? consider the "what to do when it doesnt work" thread.

consider DIYwiki, as well..
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

alfafalfa

ethanw

I just bought the chrome version 1st series 535 for about $50, it's a pretty badass wah. I'd like it to be TB, not sure I'm that ambitious. I think it also has a circuit board w/the LED's mounted to the switch, creating more work to bypass.

Ethan