What Is On My Bearish Mind...

Started by smallbearelec, February 12, 2007, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96ecss

Even though drilling is not a problem for me, it would take less time with a good template. I'd definitely buy one.

jlullo

i'd really like some of those solderless led connectors with the leads on them that mouser used to carry.  now they only have them without the leads, and it's a pain in the @ss to solder some on those.  i hate it.

boyersdad

I would kill for a drilling template for the B and BB!
I like amps etc.

Chris Brown

a template of pilot holes? I design and print paper templates for my boxes but I can see how one template with perfectly spaced pilot holes could be quicker than 10 minutes in photoshop. a set of back, top, right side and left side templates would be nice (or one for all).

Steve I love your shop and I buy most of my parts from you... keep up the good work.

Warm regards,
Chris Brown

rockgardenlove

^Would you maybe be interested in posting your Photoshop template?
:)

Short Circuit

I like the idea of a resistor kit  :icon_mrgreen:

Mark

Fuzzy-Train

^ + 1 definately a good move with the resistor packs. Any idea on price and quantity yet?

One suggestion I would give you that hasn't been mentioned is to lower your prices on your stompswitches... other places (including this site) sells them much cheaper. I can get 2 for $14 (international order) from aron shipped vs. your $13.75 shipped for 1, it would really make things easier to order everything from one place.

I have an idea for some of you guys who want templates. With some thin plywood or other thin material (plastic, plexiglass whatever) you can make a template easily. Just drill pilot holes of your most used layouts on whatever material your using, and since you use pilot holes you can add more layouts on 1 template. Shouldn't be that hard to make a template, and it's probably cheaper.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

tjcombs

Quote from: jlullo on February 22, 2007, 02:09:12 PM
i'd really like some of those solderless led connectors with the leads on them that mouser used to carry.  now they only have them without the leads, and it's a pain in the @ss to solder some on those.  i hate it.

YES!
Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

calculating_infinity

Quote from: NoNothing on February 23, 2007, 06:13:58 PM
One suggestion I would give you that hasn't been mentioned is to lower your prices on your stompswitches... other places (including this site) sells them much cheaper. I can get 2 for $14 (international order) from aron shipped vs. your $13.75 shipped for 1, it would really make things easier to order everything from one place.

Hey I think Steve Smallbear actually markets these to boutique people and the like as you can see it gets as cheap as $2.85 at 1000 units.  It also bests Arons prices at 50-99 units at $4.75.  I would assume that Steve and Aron do not like to step on each others toes thus the prices at different quantities.

-Jonathan