help with wiring, pnp booster

Started by scaesic, February 13, 2007, 02:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaesic

hello, some of my offboard wiring has come loose in this pedal, i have tried to draw out the layout the best i can. the far right lug of the pot is connected to ground, i think c1 and 2 are on the input and output. the switch is wired for true bypass.

i cant figure out how to wire the pot back in, i think the spare wire not connected to a cap is the +9v line, am i right?

please help.

scaesic

Meanderthal

Most likely a pos. ground circuit, but something's missing... not enough information... What is it? Do you have a schematic?
I am not responsible for your imagination.

scaesic

i dont have a schem, i traced it out from the circuit. i also traced out the schematic from the pcb, but it could be wrong...

heres what i got from tracing the pcb>

sorry, worst schem ever...

scaesic

there could also be an extra offboard wire doing something, but i just cant figure it out.

c1 and 2 are 10nF

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

scaesic

eh? i think the top line is +9v, but that was part of my original question, im not sure, ground is shown.
to my thinking it has to be the top line, as the other two wires have dc blocking caps on.

dxm1

I think this schematic reflects the layout you posted, assuming positive ground:

petemoore

The first two are puzzles with pieces missing AFAICT.
  They don't look like anything I've seen, perhaps someone would like to further speculate on what kind of bias to expect with 1meg emitter resistors and 33m collector resistors.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

scaesic

that schem looks exactly right, thanks, but how do i wire up the pot! is it wired just like a guitar volume pot before the effect?

scaesic

Quote from: petemoore on February 14, 2007, 01:31:47 AM
  The first two are puzzles with pieces missing AFAICT.
  They don't look like anything I've seen, perhaps someone would like to further speculate on what kind of bias to expect with 1meg emitter resistors and 33m collector resistors.

there's nothing missing unless iv gone wrong in tracing out the circuit, this is a comercial product, its just my offboard wiring came loose wanted to try and figure it out.

dxm1

I guess it could be either a pre or post gain level control. Either way, it would be wired the same. One lug would go to ground (as you already have.) The opposite side lug would go to the board (either input or output) and the center lug would go to the jack (input or output) or the bypass switch.

Since you only have two possible choices, why not try both and see which works better? Were it me, I'd assume it's an output level control, and C2 is the output cap. So, the wire from C2 to the lug opposite the ground, and the center lug to the output jack.