Hmmmmm, recovery stage needed?

Started by Yun, February 14, 2007, 10:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yun

Hey youse guys,

here's what's on this man's mind:

Have any of youse guys built my rocket booster V.2 eh?

everyone says how much that they love my rocket booster (version 1), but i havn't heard anyone mention how much that they love my V.2.  So that either tells me that:

-Nobody has built it.....

-Or that it sucks

Now, my personal booster (V.2)  Has an input cap of .01uf, MPSA18 transistor (fixed 22K collector resistor), everything else is per the schematic. 

So, if anyone has built this, should i add a recovery stage eh?  Mine's very loud, although i DO keep it dimed, so......

Here's the schematic:

"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

MartyMart

That should produce decent output from an MPSA18 Yun, but if you just need
a touch more after the tone control then a BM final stage would help out, or
perhaps a Jfet stage with a gain of 2-4 ?

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Yun

Quote from: MartyMart on February 15, 2007, 03:59:52 AM
That should produce decent output from an MPSA18 Yun, but if you just need
a touch more after the tone control then a BM final stage would help out, or
perhaps a Jfet stage with a gain of 2-4 ?

MM.

OOOOOH yeah, it does produce output to say the least, man  :icon_lol: .  I guess that i'm looking for versatility, as some may not have a darlington, you know? 

hey mr.Marty- would you mind bread bording it, and tell me what you think eh?

I'd be much obliged, man....

"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

MartyMart

Sure, I'll give it a go Yun, just waiting on some parts from steve, so next week sometime.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Yun

Quote from: MartyMart on February 15, 2007, 07:00:49 PM
Sure, I'll give it a go Yun, just waiting on some parts from steve, so next week sometime.

MM.

Thanks, man.  much obliged.....

markm

Yun,
I may have to take a crack at this at some point too.....
Can't read what the Darlington number is in the schem though!  ???

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

Ben N

I'd like to giv that a shot. I have MPSA13 darlingtons.
Good?

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

markm

Quote from: Meanderthal on February 16, 2007, 12:35:26 PM
That's a 2N5133.

Many Thanks....what about the resistor from emitter to ground..... :icon_confused:

Meanderthal

390 ohms.  Much like an LPB.

I think he's more worried about the schematic working/ having a volume drop as drawn, not with a Darlington...
I am not responsible for your imagination.

Yun

hey guys,

MPSA13 will be fine

i mean, i know that it works, really well too, as i have it on my pedal-board at all times.  i just wanna make sure that there's no tremendous volume loss when using 3904's, 4401, etc. 

i do, know that this sounds VERY well in series with circuits like the bazz-fuss and buzz box.  i have it in series with my dirty sanchez as well....

i just wanna make sure that it's versatile and functional enough to use in a wide variety of rigs, you know?  Hence why i persued to make the super-muff....