DIY Treasure Trove

Started by cheeb, February 17, 2007, 01:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheeb

I walked into one of the local music stores today at which I worked back in high school, and of course, the same guys are still there. One recognized me and I showed him my recent build and asked if he had any parts or anything I could use. He told me to go to the back room and dig.

And dig I did.

There were piles upon piles of transformers, tubes, PCB's, innards of Vox, Epiphone, Peavey, and Fender amps, and the remains of pretty much everything a music store sells, all accumulated since the eaarly 60's. There were transistors still in their original packages from god-knows-when under an inch of dust.

I almost crapped my pants.  :icon_eek:

I didn't have much time to look around, but he said to come by anytime and I could start excavating again. They seemed glad somebody wanted all that stuff because the only guy there that knows about the parts doesn't care about them so it just gets worse and worse. All I went home with today was the shell and some innards of a Morley Deltalab Control Pedal.

I have no clue what it is. ???

Anybody know?

jonathan perez

doesnt look like it does anything....
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

John Lyons

Most likely a wah. volume pedal or combo of both, maybe a distortion and wah.
What do the guts look like? It's hard to tell without looking at the actual workings of it.

If you want my address to send me some of the stuff just ask. Ha ha...drool!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

GibsonGM

Looks like it used to have some guts in there, probably worked a control voltage for one of the variety of Morley effects.  I think Lifeson had one for his harmonizer...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

BrianJ

Absolutely a volume pedal.  I scored a fully functional one at an M.I.T swap meet a few months back for 10 bucks.    I rarely use it because it plugs into the wall.  That little transformer is actually there to power a circuit to make about 15Vdc that lights a lamp at the front (the same one that you see through the jewel).  The rocker actuates a piece of cloth that blocks the light from reaching a photo cell which is the main attenuator.  Yours apears a little more sophisticated than mine -  is that a trim pot on the input jack?.  Can't say what all the extra holes are for...  Mine doesn't have them.

John Lyons

Oh! I didn't get the last pic when I replied...silly dial up service...
It'll make a fine wah or fott controller either way...or should I say....wah.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

cheeb

I can't decide if I want to restore it or make it the most face-rockin wah/expression of all time. There's so much room inside, you could do anything! I want to find the original schem or gut shot to see what was in there.

John, if I start getting a lot of the stuff, you're welcome to some. There's enough to go around for sure.  ;D

Meanderthal

QuoteI can't decide if I want to restore it or make it the most face-rockin wah/expression of all time.

Make it the most face-rockin wah/expression of all time!

The enclosure's a bit chewed up for 'vintage' value, not that morleys are particularly valuable(unless ya got a working oil can delay). But the chrome ones sure look cool!
I am not responsible for your imagination.

cheeb

Face-rockin it is! I'm open to suggestions. There's room for knobs, switches, circuits, or whatever, so go crazy!

Ronsonic

Here's one I haven't built yet myself but would want to if I had one of those handy to put it in .... A multi stage phaser/vibe with a pedal that either sets the speed of the LFO or directly controls the phase sweep.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

black mariah

That may be a volume pedal, but it's built into the case of a Morley Chorus/Flanger. I miss mine. :icon_sad:

zjokka

I wouldn't care what it was, but use it to my purposes, but maybe I'm crazy.

Morley Deltalab Controller is the footcontroller to go with certain Deltalab DELAY units. So it's probably stock except for the missing LEDs and switch left. They use to be for Delay time up and Delay time down and both had leds.

zj

black mariah

Yeah, my bad. I forgot Morley put a bunch of different effects into that style enclosure. Weird to see they still used that crazy LDR setup instead of a pot. :icon_lol:

Torchy

Search the forum for a pedal called "Mr Multi" - switchable wah/phase etc. Brilliant pedal and looks like you have a perfect pre-drilled case :)