Soundclip page updated

Started by John Lyons, February 18, 2007, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

I put up a bunch more soundclips since I posted this last.

www.mrdwab.com/john/soundclipspage.html

I always like to hear what pedals sound like before I build them if it's possible
There are so many out there and it's hard to go off an "opinion".

Let me know if you have annything to  add or sugestions.

Thanks

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jrc4558

Nice, fast and easy! Me like.
Suggestions - perhaps links to schematics?

petemoore

That's a great page
  Nice clips guys, thanks Basicaudio !
  + I heard some effects I was unfamiliar with, Orpheum's nastiness.
  I think it's mostly known that effect performances may differ with whatever 'essentials' or other they are used with...who knows what these effects can or actually will do [when 'other x's are factored in]?
  It's interesting to hear what you've got them doing.
  Ps I like to hear for crotiqueing TB's, the cleanup @ guitar volume ability too, that TB sounded a high gainer to me?
  Having a good 'ol time listening to the clips.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

oldrocker

Hi again John,  Hey that CMOS Nyquist Aliaser sounded awesome.  It was cool comparing the CMOS version to the JC Maillet's version of the bit crusher that I recently built.  I still haven't made sound clips of mine yet.  As soon as I do I'll send them your way.  Now I need to get me some CD4016's and try building that.  IMO they sound very different but both versions sound really strange and bizare and good in their own ways.
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=Nyquist2_1170089100-422-14678.jpg
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=aliaser4_1169985910-422-14673.jpg

John Lyons

Yes it would be nice to have links to schematics but I figure that in tandem with this forum you should be able to find stuff. Pretty much everything there is a clip of was built and talked about here. It's a lot of work and time since i'm only working with dialup internet...

Oldrocker if you are getting a CD4016 for the aliaser from Mouser make sure to get a CD4016BE as that is what I used. Another set i got was a different letter at the end and it didn't work with the pinout. (CD4016BCN did not work) Glad I ordered two different sets!

Pete the Tone bender I built is the three knobber that used to be on Smallbears site. I used the small bear TB Germanium set and it's on perf.
I think it was into a slightly overdriven amp so it may have more gain in the clip. Although it was with a strat!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tonefreak

This is great... thanks for putting the time in to gather all these!!