Anyone have a good source for 3pdt toggles?

Started by MikeH, February 20, 2007, 05:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Like the kind you'd use for the Bass Brass Master?  I've only found them on ebay, and they are usually of questionable quality.  Not to mention you have to pay 4 bucks shipping just to get one switch.  I wish small bear would carry some...  ;)
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

ulysses

ive seen that type in the mouser catalog before

i think ive also seen them at jaycar..

cheers
ulysses

roknjohn

Try Mouser. I bought some 4PDT toggles from them last year.

Yep. Just checked the catalog. They carry 3PDT toggle made by Mountain.

caress

i got a nice big pack on ebay.  pretty cheap, too...but only in bulk.

MikeH

The only one's I've seen at Mouser are like, 9 bucks.  Did I miss the cheaper ones somehow?

edit:  I just changed up my search a little, and I found some around the $5 dollar mark.  Not too bad I guess...

Meanderthal

Yes, the hongkongsuperseller 8 pack... Me gots too. They're fine. After all that trouble getting the switch, you might be disapointed- it dosen't make any noticable change in sound.(Brassmaster) Yeah, people say "just change the resistors" but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
I am not responsible for your imagination.

smallbearelec

What Mouser markets as Mountain Switch is mostly Miyama (Miyama = "Mountain" in Japanese?). Mouser makes a ton of money on these; I beat the hell out of their prices on the few of this line that I carry, because I buy them directly from Japan. The catch is that I have to order a large lot, and the lead time is long. I will add this one to my shopping list.

SD

caress

meanderthal ... that's right!  except i got a big pack of 50 i think.  i don't use stompswitches on my personal pedals...  no problems yet!  watch out for some dpdt toggles that are blue with a crappy clear-like red glue holding the lugs in...they're real shit

boyersdad

I'm taking my chances on three from that ebay auction...

Wish me luck!
I like amps etc.

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: boyersdad on February 21, 2007, 02:17:16 AM
I'm taking my chances on three from that ebay auction...

Wish me luck!
I purchased some from that same seller a while back. They are good quality, and well worth the price.
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

MikeH

I actually have bought some of those switches from that seller before.  Be very careful not to over heat them.  I didn't have any problems soldering them, but when I had to desolder one it melted and failed pretty easily.  I use them to put jugglers (without the LED) into all of the twin pedals I make.

funkbass187

futurlec has them for a little over a dollar. i haven't used the one i got yet, but the other toggles i got from them work fine.
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"