SparkleDrive Build. Anyone interested?

Started by markm, February 25, 2007, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkwasabadchoice

i have tried to do as much research as i can to find the schematic and these two seem to be correct.

Schem 2: http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=circuit6ei.png

Schem 1: http://home.hetnet.nl/~chrisdus/download/VLSD.jpg

Schem 2 seems to be the exact schem you just need to modify it for a 3pdt bypass. ket me know what you think and if we can get something going off of these! I really really want to build one!

Thanks for the help mark!,
Jason

dachshund

I built this recently, it works great. I used it in a gig once already. I'm a big Vince Gill fan, and he apparently uses the commercial version (among many other pedals).

Now, you're going to confuse everyone since there is a similar circuit named the Sprinkle drive, also dubbed the "poor man's sparkle drive." The Sparkle has the dual-ganged pot, the Sprinkle has one blend pot at the end. Also, the Sparkle has the TS distortion & tone control, and the Sprinkle uses a RAT style dist. & tone control.

milkwasabadchoice

could you please send my your layout that you used to build your sparkle drive or where you got it? i really need to put one together!
send it to jstulce@gmail.com

Thanks a ton!,
Jason

dachshund

Er, I don't have it in electronic form, sorry. I scratched it out in pencil & paper. It's a relatively simple circuit, and hopefully one of the layout wizards will provide a version of it.

milkwasabadchoice

Thats cool. Does it sound good/ do you think that the schematic i posted is correct? The one with the white backgroud?

Mark what ydo you think? Perf that schem?

Thanks,
Jason

markm

Jason,
If all goes well, I may have results in a couple of days if not sooner.  :icon_wink:

milkwasabadchoice

mark you make me smile. I would do it but i dont have the componants and i dont want to order them till i know it will work.

Thanks again Mark, I cant wait!

-Jason

dachshund

Quote from: milkwasabadchoice on March 13, 2007, 10:17:52 AM
Thats cool. Does it sound good/ do you think that the schematic i posted is correct? The one with the white backgroud?
Thanks,
Jason

Yes, I really like it. By the end of the gig I had the blend pot at about 10:00, meaning more fuzz than clean. I got some real nice tones out of it.

I play a fairly hot G&L ASAT through a Deluxe Reverb, and it's usually mic'd on stage. As far as personal taste goes, when I had both the Proco RAT & Tube screamer (commercial versions) sitting on my board, I ended up using the TS. So if given the choice, I'd build something with that type of distortion. Also I should say I'm a real beginner at building pedals, and I don't know much about analyzing circuits. :)