News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

PIC Programmer

Started by rasco22862, February 25, 2007, 11:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Is there any simple-easy PIC Programmer laypout???

THanks

R.G.

There are a zillion. The problem is not finding one, it's picking out which one. Some use only a parallel printer port and a few resistors, caps and diodes.

Put "DIY PIC Programmer" into google and stand back.

I use a $39 kit I bought. Plugs into the USB port and programs all PICs that will fit the socket. Nice software too. Kits'R'Us as I remember.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

RaceDriver205

Buy one. Seriously, PIC is the best microcontroller as far as cheap programmers go.
I swear to god, just buy one. I built like three off the internet, and none worked. NONE! At ALL! >:(

So I traded in $100 Aus for a universal program everything board + test switches and LEDs. But now I only use AVRs so it never got used   :icon_rolleyes:

toneman

i like the EPIC...does almost everything.
Micro Engineering also sells a PIC-BASIC complier.
(don't get the BASIC-pro.  Not that necessary for beginners)

The El Cheapo programs many, but not the 16F628 which is about the best low end PIC around.
It's considered the replacement for the 16F84A
If U just want to program the 16F84A(yes, they are still around and work for many apps),
then, the El Cheapo is the way to go.  Complete schemos are posted.
I got a bare pcb when I bought the book  by Myke Predko.

back 2 PIC'n
T
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

David

Rasco:

Use Google to find the Web site for Spark Fun Electronics.  Find the PG2C programmer.  Buy it.  Problem solved.