Poor customer service alert.

Started by BMF Effects, February 26, 2007, 02:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMF Effects

Boca Semiconductor...had a part I was looking for, willing to buy out their remaining stock and they would not honor the price on their website. Very rude salesmen. Oh well, someone else will get my money.

Papa_lazerous

That Sucks, was the price wrong on the website or something?

BMF Effects

They're claiming it's an old price that someone forgot to correct. Not to be a jerk but that's not my problem, especially when they want to charge me 7x what they advertised it for and 2x the current going rate.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Papa_lazerous

Their loss then, what was it you where after?  Something rare....

BMF Effects

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on February 26, 2007, 03:22:53 PM
Their loss then, what was it you where after?  Something rare....

Maybe  :icon_mrgreen:

If I tell you then everyone will want it. It's simple math...the going rate is directly proportional to the perceived mojo factor.

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

BMF Effects

Quote from: R.G. on February 26, 2007, 04:04:27 PM
Found some NKT 275's eh?

:)

Nope, but that would have been a nice find as well.

Just remember that a very wise man once said "There are no magic parts, only parts you don't fully understand".

KerryF

christobean

Quote from: BMF Effects on February 26, 2007, 04:08:55 PM
Just remember that a very wise man once said "There are no magic parts, only parts you don't fully understand".

you found some of that amazing cloth covered wire used to connect the two jacks in the ebay pedal??

BMF Effects

Quote from: christobean on February 26, 2007, 04:38:06 PM

you found some of that amazing cloth covered wire used to connect the two jacks in the ebay pedal??

Damn! Now everyone knows and the price is going to skyrocket!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

WOW! that puts me in a magic wonderland :icon_wink:

GibsonGM

Glad to know another supplier to avoid...you could be a jerk and copy the page, and email it to them so they can see that treating the customer right is always a good idea  :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

MikeH

Whenever I have something like this happen to me, I write a letter to the president of the company.  Nobody writes letters anymore; it's amazing how promtly you get a response.  I never call anyone out, or bad-mouth the company in any way, I just try to be cordial and explain why I was unpleased and that I was really dissapointed.  Oh, and it really helps to be funny.  It's simple; Make them understand, make them laugh, make them conceed.  I get free stuff like crazy.  Thus far Best Buy, Guitar Center, Hilton Hotels and several other local establishments have felt my humorous wrath.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH