SketchUp - An alternative for Mac users

Started by mojokicks37, February 28, 2007, 05:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojokicks37

Hey guys,

I found a program that is essentially a CAD program but is much easier to use for beginners.
I haven't seen anything as of yet for Mac users to design things, like our beloved boxes, so I thought I'd share this with everyone.

There is also a version of this for Windows as well.

www.sketchup.com

Take care of yourselves.
AJ
"I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning . . . Every day I find something creative to do with my life."

"For me, music and life are all about style."

zjokka

Long time I was looking for a FREE Mac graphics program in the vein of Photoshop to do my graphics design. Can't be bother to pay for software with so much open source developments lately.

Found Gimp, which does require X11 (freely downloadable linux interface), but does about everything Photoshop does. Also version for Linux and Windows available.

http://www.gimp.org/

zj

mojokicks37

This program might be found free, should you search the right sources.

Regardless, this allows you to do everything in 3d as well as import stuff from photoshop etc
"I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning . . . Every day I find something creative to do with my life."

phaseman

sketch up rules!!
When i found out about that program I was amazed...
You can learn to work with it really fast and easy, it's a lot of fun.
Actually, my girlfriend introduced me to that software... She studies architecture and uses sketchup for many projects....
But I... as soon as I hooked up with few tricks, I drew my favourite boss pedal, severel of diy pedals  :D etc...

Marko

jlullo

mojokicks37

I've actually made a 125B sized box and put it in the gallery thing, just to make it easier for everyone...

It's not that hard, but having a template already built will be nice for the future.

Cheers

$uperpuma

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Steben

AH, SketchUp,... I use it professionally for architectural projects.  ;D
Very easy interface, intuitive...
Very smooth import/export functions too.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

mojokicks37

I think if you just search for 125B it should come up...

I'll be making more templates soon. If you have one you'd specifically like me to make, just let me know!

happy weekend