tonepad Power Supply

Started by rasco22862, March 03, 2007, 10:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Hi, im buildin this project, and decided to use a an external 12 vac wall wart  instead the 120v wiring :icon_razz:.
So, where in this layout i have to connect the positive and the negative:

Thanks

KMS

Hook the 12VAC to the two blue color vias just above where it is printed "12VAC".
DIY with-a-little-help from my freinds

KMS

The green vias are all (-)DC out or ground and the red vias are all (+)DC out.

rasco22862

yes, but i´m using a 12vac wall wart transformer. It has a positive and a negative. Should i put two positive to the two blue holes, and a negative to a green hole?

rasco22862

dxm1

a 12V "AC" wall wart should not have a positive and negative terminal. It's AC.

zyxwyvu

Quote from: rasco22862 on March 04, 2007, 01:23:14 PM
yes, but i´m using a 12vac wall wart transformer. It has a positive and a negative. Should i put two positive to the two blue holes, and a negative to a green hole?

One wire should go to each blue hole. It's rectified right there so the polarity doesn't matter. All that comes out is positive DC.

rasco22862

sory , i was confused, its a 12v dc transformer, im using a 12v dc transformer, like this:

it has a positive and a negative

dxm1

In that case, the negative lead from the wall wart to the "GND" pad, the positive lead could go a couple places...
I'd put it at the cathodes of D3 and D4. If all that capacitance loads down the wall wart, you could connect it to
the cathode of D5...

rasco22862

Quote from: dxm1 on March 04, 2007, 03:56:49 PM
In that case, the negative lead from the wall wart to the "GND" pad, the positive lead could go a couple places...
I'd put it at the cathodes of D3 and D4. If all that capacitance loads down the wall wart, you could connect it to
the cathode of D5...
you mean the beginning of the orange pad? :icon_mrgreen:

KMS

Yes you can hook 12VD +  it to the start of the Orange trace.

You should not need those 440uf caps....but it shouldn't  hurt anything to try it. I can see no reason why they would load down your wall wart, as you could easily have caps that big or bigger in stompboxs of many sorts.

You don't need D1, D2, D3, and D4.