Some trouble with the schematic...

Started by taylorchuck15, March 05, 2007, 01:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorchuck15

I found some schematics off a website from Finland for a Fulldrive 2, but it didn't come with a PCB layout. I found another layout for a FOOLDRIVE and it has the same paths on the board, so my first question: Can I go ahead and use the FOOLDRIVE PCB layout? The Finnish layout shows the parts in place on a PCB, but it doesn't come with a layout without the parts shown, but the Fooldrive layout is the same as the Finnish one.

My second question is about the parts. I found most of the parts at Small Bear, but there are a few parts(13 to be exact) that I cant find except for on the European website. The parts are caps, 2 pots, and a toggle switch that has "on" in all three positions. If you want the list for exact names I can email it to you, but I wanted to know if anybody knew where I might be able to find these parts.

Oh yeah, does anybody know what kind of box style/shape the fulldrives are built in. I have a 1590 BB, but it seems a little small for this job.

Thanks, Taylor
Built: LPB1, A/B Box
Building: Fooldrive 2, Brian May Booster

$uperpuma

I think the two match up, but if you search around a little more, you'll find the PCB on the Finnish site.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

taylorchuck15

Yeah, I found the right PCB layout on the site. But I still cant figure out where to find the other parts.

One of the parts is a 100k log pot, how much different is that from a 100k linear pot? When I was on that site, it had a parts list and one of the parts was a 500k pot but next to the "500k" it had parenthesis with the number 470k(ex. "500k(470k)") so does that mean I can use a 470k instead of a 500k pot?

Thanks,
Taylor

tjcombs

Logarithmic and Linear only refers to the taper of the pot. Ie: How the pot varies when you turn it.
The 470 in parenthases means (I assume) that you could use a 470K Pot

Check this page out for great info on pots.
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm
Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

taylorchuck15

wow, that really helps. But I still need to know where to get those other parts, the caps and stuff...

Doug_H

Sounds like you need to read the stickies (FAQ content) and attempt a simple beginner project first.

taylorchuck15

Well, I've already finished a booster and I was looking for something a bit more challenging. I'm looking around to find the parts, but I can't seem to find them. I guess the real question now is: How far off can the cap. be from the original piece used before makes it something different or wrong?

Minion

Why not just go to your local electronics Parts dealer and pick up the Parts you need?? Or even Radio Shack will probably have the right parts for you.....

I actually get most all of my Parts off of e-bay and I buy in Bulk so after investing maybe $100 in Parts I have enought Parts and PCB material and Caps and resistors and Pots and Diodes ect to do Literally 50 or 100 different projects, and on e-bay I find that Parts are about 1/10th the price as Retail prices at the Electronics parts store....

Cheers
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

taylorchuck15

Thats true. I never thought about that. Thanks.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...