Substituting the 0.082uF caps in Rebote2.5 delay

Started by slacker, March 06, 2007, 05:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

I've decided I'm going to build the Rebote 2.5 delay but I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down the 0.082uF caps it calls for.
I'll probably just sub the input cap with a 0.1uF or 0.047uF as that won't make any audible difference to anything.
I'm a bit more worried about the 0.082uF caps between between pins 9-10 and 11-12 of the PT2399. Does anyone know if these values are critical or could I just replace them with 0.1uFs?

By the way I'm doing it on vero so I'll post a layout once I get it working.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

oldrocker

A .01uF to replace a .082 would be too small I would think.

Barcode80

i think he meant ".1" which would be fine. you could also parallel 2 .47 caps for .94, which is darn close.

axeman010

Hi
I can confirm that you can sub ALL the .082 with 0.1 caps. I did this on mine and it works just fine. No noise, clicking etc.

Its a great pedal so good luck with the build !

Axeman.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

choklitlove

so how about these subs:
.1uF for all .082,
.022uF for .027,
47pF for 51,
4.7pF for 5

i'm pretty sure these would be okay, and i'm going to try it regardless.  i know here and there close subs usually are okay, but changing this many may be different.  what do you think?
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

slacker

Quote from: axeman010 on March 07, 2007, 04:20:15 AM
Hi
I can confirm that you can sub ALL the .082 with 0.1 caps. I did this on mine and it works just fine. No noise, clicking etc.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.
I guess the only reason 0.082uFs were used is that's what's shown on the datasheet, unfortunately the datasheet is absolutely useless when in comes to explaining what the parts actually do.

Quote from: choklitlove on March 07, 2007, 04:38:55 AM
so how about these subs:
.1uF for all .082,
.022uF for .027,
47pF for 51,
4.7pF for 5

They should be fine, the tonepad website actually give 0.022u, 47p and 4.7p as subs.

nag hammadi

did you ever get around to posting the vero layout
?
in the face of you all i stand defiant - subhumans

jakenold

I think your substitution would be fine!

Many components have tolerances of 10-20% ! So don't mix those with the ones at work, if you are a NASA employee.  :'(

bioroids

If I were a NASA employee, I'd build Rebote delays in all the space ships communications interfaces, to make them sound more spacey :icon_cool:

Other than that, I've been using 0.1uf replacements for those 0.082uf without noticeably side effects.

Luck!

Miguel
Eramos tan pobres!

slacker

Quote from: nag hammadi on March 13, 2007, 10:57:41 PM
did you ever get around to posting the vero layout
?

Not yet, the board's populated except for the PT2399 which is on it's way from Smallbear. Once I've got it working I'll post the vero layout. I'm quite pleased with it, I managed to get it down to 19x19 holes.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Please no veros for rebotes ok?

You can use 0.1 no problem at all, I just had a lot of 0.082 when I designed it.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

slacker

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.com on March 15, 2007, 05:46:20 AM
Please no veros for rebotes ok?

Fp

No problem, I was going to check with you before I posted it anyway.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com