Noise makers help

Started by Mike Nichting, September 15, 2003, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

Hey all,
I am not much of a noise maker effect guy but a friend of mine expressed some interest in something like that.
His description was: That you could hear the note of the guitar in tune but the rest kind of falls apart and is noise or wierdness.

Make sense?? I guess he wants a noise machine that will hold the integrity
of the note that is being played, be it an A,C or F.
I guess the noise would be the note played.

Now I'm confusing myself. How do you explain something you don't understand?? :-)

Anyway, any suggestions or sound samples??

Thanks

Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

moosapotamus

How about a ring modulator with an LFO controlling the frequency. Or, better yet, for even more wierdness, make it a stair-step or pseudo-random LFO. Oooo... hey! That would be cool. Gotta go. bye :mrgreen:

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Samuel

I have a botched build of a Tychobrahe Octavia that does just what you are describing. I dunno what I did wrong with it (sounds like oscillation so maybe there's a crossed wire or a burnt up switch?) but I'm never opening the enclosure again, cause I don't want to unbreak it!

Mike Nichting

OK, Charlie,
How about a pedal that is already out there and I could put together with little trouble??

Your idea is a great one Charlie~!! Let me know if anything comes of it I would love to hear it.

Samuel, That sounds like a great mistake :-)\

be well all,
Mike Nichting
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech