Fulltone Supa-trem...I like it!... I want to build one...

Started by BDuguay, March 26, 2005, 10:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDuguay

...are there any schematics of this pedal out there? Is there a similar design already available? What I like most about this pedal is that it uses a photo cell. I'm not trying to stir up more Mike Fuller controversy or anything like that. Just want to build a tremelo is all...
Thanks,
B.

cd

If you want something with a photocell, build the Anderton Trem.

BDuguay

I've heard this pedal mentioned before but I didn't know it was photo cell based. Is there a schenmatic or layout available anywhere?
Thanks cd!
B.

cd

Use www.google.com or the schematic links above, or buy the book Electronic Projects for Musicians.

phillip

The 4ms/CommonSound Tremulus Lune is always an excellent choice for a Tremolo.  Ultimate tweakability.  I love mine!

Phillip

bwanasonic

The Fulltone Supa-Trem is a very nice trem unit, and extremely well built. And the wonderful thing is you can actually buy a fully assembled unit at your local music retailer! There are a number of DIY trem projects you can try, but if you want a Supa-Trem, buy a Supa-Trem.  

Kerry M

saultime

I had a supa-trem and eventually sold it. It's build quality is the best thing going for it. It's very versitile, but I never liked the sound. Any way you cut it, it's just onoffonoffonff. Not very organic at all.

Coriolis

I'll second the Tremulus Lune...
It's VERY "organic" sounding, I was actually expecting/hoping for some more choppiness in the one I built, but even at max depth it's real soft.
It's deep enough I think, just not real choppy. Probably has something to do with the led/ldr combo I used to make the vactrol...
Oh, and i'ts very versatile and expandable.  You could make one with 10 LFO's if you wanted to... :shock:

Another plus is the commonsound forum, which is dedicated to this and the other pedals they have there. Great help from the guy who designed it, and a
zillion others who built it!  8)

BTW: I didn't get paid to say that...  :wink:

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

BDuguay

Kerry

I guess I should've been more detailed in my initial post. What Ireally like about the Sup-trem is it's versatility. Having the option of changing the wave form and switching to half speed makes it very useful for my purposes. Believe me, even though I have my own personal beef with Mike Fuller, if I had the money I would buy one. But knowing I can build a trem pedal myself makes it hard for me to justify buying one. I would like to build one that is similar to the Supa-trem. That's all.
Now, about this Tremulus Lune.......
B.

bruce bennett

in the layout gallery is a copy of the Blues Pearl Tejas Trem.

Very choppy, Very brown face Deluxe ( non-reverb model) Extremely musical and warm sounding may not be fast enough for many, but that can be changed easily.

bwanasonic

Quote from: BDuguayswitching to half speed makes it very useful for my purposes.

The one thing I'd like figure how to do is have a half speed speed switch that *ramps up/down* leslie-like when switched. The leslie patch on my quadraverb does this, and I think the H&K Rotosphere does something like this. It would be handy for a lot of modulation effects. Don't forget the blinking LED.

Kerry M

PS. The new line6 pedals have gotten good reviews and are pretty cheap. The trem looks pretty nice.

Dragonfly

Quote from: bwanasonic
Quote from: BDuguayswitching to half speed makes it very useful for my purposes.

The one thing I'd like figure how to do is have a half speed speed switch that *ramps up/down* leslie-like when switched. The leslie patch on my quadraverb does this, and I think the H&K Rotosphere does something like this. It would be handy for a lot of modulation effects. Don't forget the blinking LED.

Kerry M

PS. The new line6 pedals have gotten good reviews and are pretty cheap. The trem looks pretty nice.

ive got a simple half speed/variable speed mod that works for the EA trem...probably works for "most" tremolos...but it doesn't "ramp", it just cuts....

andy

amz-fx

Quote from: BDuguay...are there any schematics of this pedal out there? Is there a similar design already available?
It is a modified version of the Demeter Tremulator...    I had the opportunity to have both on hand at the same time to test and I would give a very slight edge to the Fulltone.  They both sound nice though.  Search for the Demeter and see if there is a schematic for it.

regards, Jack

bwanasonic

Quote from: amz-fx
It is a modified version of the Demeter Tremulator...    I had the opportunity to have both on hand at the same time to test and I would give a very slight edge to the Fulltone.

In a recent interview, Pete Anderson (Dwight Yoakum) said the Demeter sounds identical to a blackface Fender trem. I haven't had the chance to A/B my Supa-Trem with a blackface Fender. The Frostwave Blue Ringer does a nice trem effect in addition to it's wide palette of sonic mayhem.

Kerry M

BDuguay

Thanks Kerry, Jack.
I'm 'googling' as we speak.... umm, that's sounds kinda dirty doesn't it?
B.

Santi

Hello,

Has anybody got an schematic?

Thanks in advance.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Torchy

The Tone God

Santi: Please don't dig up old threads when you are not going to add anything new to the topic but just make a schematic request.

There is an area of the forum for making schematic requests.

Andrew