Stabilizing drift? I need some help...

Started by zachomega, March 11, 2007, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Threads like this are the reason I keep coming back !LOTS of great info here...

Thank you !

AC

johngreene

Quote from: zachomega on March 12, 2007, 01:01:32 PM
I noticed that as well...and 90% of the literature also has 4 volts on grid 2...If I end up going the power supply route, I may end up playing with that as well since it increases the gain considerably.  I was just trying to maximize battery life, but batteries just might not be an option. 
That's because at 4 volts, grid 2 is out of the picture. So any Grid 1 parameters are made with Grid 2 fully 'on'.

--john
I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.

zachomega

That actually makes perfect sense.  I don't know why I couldn't see that before.  Now Sir H.C. self cascoding thing makes sense too.  :D 

You guys have been amazingly helpful! 

-Zach Omega

Quote from: johngreene on March 12, 2007, 02:35:37 PM
Quote from: zachomega on March 12, 2007, 01:01:32 PM
I noticed that as well...and 90% of the literature also has 4 volts on grid 2...If I end up going the power supply route, I may end up playing with that as well since it increases the gain considerably.  I was just trying to maximize battery life, but batteries just might not be an option. 
That's because at 4 volts, grid 2 is out of the picture. So any Grid 1 parameters are made with Grid 2 fully 'on'.

--john

Sir H C

I used to work with this PhD who was a device physicist (designed transistors for ICs).  His pride and joy was a dual gate FET he made for a process no one cared about.  It was sad but funny.

dschwartz

Hi zachomega:

i have some dual gate mosfets lying around, but i dont know what to do with them...do you have the schematic of the device youre making, or at least a concept schematic?, i´ve found some RF schematics, but all those antennas and coils get me very confused...

i hope you have and share any schematic using this device as a simple amplifier...thanks!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

zachomega

Well without seeing the data sheets for your transistors, I can't say for certain what will and won't work.  In my case, simply a 1k drain resistor, 1 meg gate resistor, and having the gate 2 and source tied together and grounded through a 100 ohm resistor seemed to work.  Still have to try it (the original pedal) again on a power supply and check for the voltages going all over the place. 

-Zach Omega

Quote from: dschwartz on March 13, 2007, 10:15:46 AM
Hi zachomega:

i have some dual gate mosfets lying around, but i dont know what to do with them...do you have the schematic of the device youre making, or at least a concept schematic?, i´ve found some RF schematics, but all those antennas and coils get me very confused...

i hope you have and share any schematic using this device as a simple amplifier...thanks!!!!