Simple Opamp Triangle-Square wave LFO

Started by Sweetalk, March 14, 2007, 10:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maneco

Hi!
The first posted schematic is ok,except that r2 and r1 should not be the same value...r2 should be at least 1,5 times the value of r1...try 27k and 47 k respectively for r1 and r2,it will work for sure...also a decoupling capacitor in the voltage reference,10uf electro will help... ;)

markusw

I did a simulation in LTSpice and the range with a 470n cap should be about 0.5 Hz to 25 Hz.
So at highest rate you should be able to hear a low frequency signal if you connect one of the ouputs via a cap to your amp. Should be pretty loud, btw  ;)

Markus

Maneco

yes,the correct value is 10 uf non polarized (easily built with two 22uf in anti series)

Transmogrifox

trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

slacker

Here's another one for you to try. Depending on how you look at it it's either a simplified tremulous lune LFO or a modified phase45 LFO.

You might need to change the value of the depth pot on the LED, I guessed at its value, because I haven't actually tried it. The rest of the circuit works fine, it's on my breadboard at the minute.

Sweetalk

Thanks a lot for all the replys!!!, I will try the circuits that you post and tell you my experiences. Surely I make a PCB Layout for them.

bms19

I just discovered now this topic, Is it a simple way to lower the Hertz response? I'm looking for 0.5 Hz or even 0.3 Hz...
Cheers
Benoit

ElectricDruid

Quote from: bms19 on September 21, 2022, 01:04:43 PM
I just discovered now this topic, Is it a simple way to lower the Hertz response? I'm looking for 0.5 Hz or even 0.3 Hz...
Cheers
Benoit

Increase the capacitor value. Doubling it should push the whole range down an octave, so adjust to taste.