Transistor Scavenge ID's

Started by petemoore, March 19, 2007, 02:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I just got some transistors, RCA Ge PNP's according to the NTE sub site.
  I also have some here, the body is about 3/8'' tall, look like the top 2/3rds of a 'tablet' the sides are cylindrical and white and have print:
  One side says "M' [or some M looking symbol, maybe Mi or a capitol A over a captitol A]...so 'M6940'
  The other side says "U1650E"
  These came from a Fischer stereo tuner/amp, I'm going to try some transformer calculations also, on a big chunk of iron..
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

col

I got some un-numbered Motorola transistors that have a symbol which sounds similar to that. The were npn with a Hfe of 350-500. I can't help with those numbers though. Try googling the number and see what comes up. I have had trouble identifying scavanged transistors especially from broken low energy light bulbs. Most are a npn BD139 type with a BCE pinout but I have had some un-numbered CBE npn types as well. I just try them in sockets and see of they sound good. The big power transistors make very good FF type circuits.
Col

Mark F

Sounds like Motorola to me also. I just did a VERY Quick search & couldn't find anything. Like I said, it was real quick so you may take some time & search more in depth. Or, figure out the pinout & use RG's device for gain & leakage. I would suggest the latter.  :icon_wink: Good Luck.

roknjohn

Once upon another life, I worked for a Motorola authorized service center. That sure looks like a valid Motorola number.