Tonepad's Wah Wah question...

Started by Pierre, March 20, 2007, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre

Hi !!!
I just put toghether Tonepad's Wha project...I used both input / output buffers, a red Fasel inductor and a Hot Potz 2...It sounds great but  there's only one thing that's  bothering me: the "Q" trim, for some reason, it doesn't do anything in any position.. ???

tcobretti

The only reasons I can think of are:

1) bad pot
2) solder bridge across the pots legs
3) wrong value pot
4) It is working, but you can't hear it.  It won't affect the sound of the pedal in a fixed position; it affects the sound of the sweep.  As the resistance increases the pedal should get quackier. It is fairly subtle.

sfx1999

It sounds to me like the middle conductor on the pot is not connected.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Pierre

hi !
...me again...i took some time to check the circuit...
The middle conductor of the pot is connected, there's not solder bridge in any point of the circuit and the trim pot is the correct value (100 k), so maybe the pot is working, but the effect is too subtle to my ears...i don't know...
Now there is another thing, i only get the "wha" effect in the last half of the pot (the wah pot, 100 k Hot Potz II), is this how its suppose to be..?
thank you !!!

tungngruv

On mine, I used a jumper in place of the 33k resistor. If you have the Q pot all the way off, no wah. But turning it up now gives a pretty good frequency range. Just what worked for me. Also, I did have to readjust the travel on the gear and hot potz to get the sweep where I wanted it.

sfx1999

Take a look at the schematic. Whatever the problem is, it has to do with that pot.