Smallbear resistor values for FF?

Started by Bucksears, March 23, 2007, 09:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksears

There used to be a page on the Smallbear site that explained which relative resistors in the FF schem that he's suggesting values for with the GE transistors that he sends.
Does anyone know where that is?
I ordered a set of FF transistors a while back to build GGG's Boutique Face (1969 Fuzz) and I'm just now getting around to building it and want to make sure that everything is as it should be for the ones he sent me.

Thanks again,
Buck

solarplexus

Hi there,

when I ordered my GE trannies, he sent me the resistors with a sheet telling which one goes where on the fuzz face schem (R1, R2, etc).  So unless he changed his way of doing it, everything should arrive just fine at your door.

Matt
DIY Poser.

Bucksears

Yes, I've gotten the transistors and the resistor values already, I'm just wondering about:
1) If the gain range is the 'ideal' as listed on his site FAQ's, do I even need to worry about the suggested resistor values if I'm building the '69 Fuzz?
and 2) are R1, R2, etc. the same in the '69 Fuzz Schem as they are in the schem he tested from? I know the '69 is basically a refined FF, so I'm guessing htat it should be.

Thanks again,
Buck

MikeH

When I built my FF, I used the tonepad layout, and R2, R3, R4 etc... aren't the same resistors.  But if you compare the values you should be able to figure it out.  i.e. if the schem has 100K, 470R, 33K and 8.2K,  and supplied you with 680R,  36K, 10K and 120K, you can pretty well guess that the 120K goes where the 100K is, the 680R goes where the 470R is, the 10K goes in place of the 8.2K and the 36K will go where the 33K goes.  What I'm saying is, the values should only differ slightly from the original values.  They shouldn't be so different that you would confuse one for another.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH