for all you wah aficionados, Ibanez WH10 layout

Started by Seljer, March 24, 2007, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seljer

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/wh10

built after this schematic in this thread
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=37984.msg428523#new

not verified but it matches the schematic as far as I can see

I messed around with it a bit in PSpice to see if I could get away with removing the other transistor for the tuner output and for getting rid of the JFET bypass.

things you could mess around with:
-you could change R10 to a 2k and use a 50k pot for R14 and get a completely movable sweep range (higher value = lower sweep)
-if you use a pot larger than 50k for the frequency control (eg: a 100k dunlop hot potz) you get a wider sweep, could try another pot wired in parallel to control the width of the sweep
-R8 defines where top part of the sweep ends (smaller = higher frequencies)
-this circuit would probably work pretty nicely for converting into an envelope controlled filter

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

tcobretti

Paul Marossy

Hmm.. I might have to give this one a try. It would be the first thing that I've built in about one year.  :icon_eek:

Rectangular

thats so weird, I just built one of these a couple weeks ago. I used Eagle for the layout though

Seljer

bumping this up to the top, as then layout gallery is back up and I just uploaded a new version, fixing the few errors I noticed I had made in the layout
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/wh10

WelshWonder

I've assembled this using all correct parts except one mod - I placed a 100k resistor in parallel with lugs 1 & 3 on the Dunlop hot potz to create the 50k required.

I get nothing coming out when effect is on except for a low squeel that gets louder as the wah goes to toe position. I'll be checking the voltages and using the audio probe later on, but just wondered if anyone has any quick suggestions before I start to debug.

Gratefully,
Kevin

WelshWonder

Should I suspect the electrolytic caps orientation? I soldered them so the + side goes to the square pads....

MarcoMike

mmhh.. I guess you should suspect someone else...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Dirk_Hendrik

More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Seljer

heh, I did it as a challenge just to make the layout, I didn't check to see if someone else had already done one. I'll happily admit your's is much nicer, espescially with the board mounted jacks

I just realized that I messed up R11 and R12, R12 is 100ohms, R11 is 10k  :icon_redface:
meaning the voltages are probably all whack

WelshWonder

Quote from: Seljer on April 12, 2007, 10:46:03 AM
heh, I did it as a challenge just to make the layout, I didn't check to see if someone else had already done one. I'll happily admit your's is much nicer, espescially with the board mounted jacks

I just realized that I messed up R11 and R12, R12 is 100ohms, R11 is 10k  :icon_redface:
meaning the voltages are probably all whack

I'll make these changes and see how that goes...

I like your layout, it fits nicely in my crybaby shell especiall as I can now use switchcraft jacks   ;D

WelshWonder

I made the changes, I have a better output but the problem remains, listen to this mp3 ---> WH10 Prblem MP3

I get no guitar signal going through, just an oscillating noise that changes as I rock the pedal... ???

WelshWonder