The Mega-Wah?!

Started by Paul Marossy, March 27, 2007, 03:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

I just saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Wah-Guitar-volume-pedal-auto-wah-6-wah-sounds_W0QQitemZ250098435362QQcategoryZ41416QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They claim it's the world's first stereo wah pedal. Anyone ever hear one or look "under the hood"? I'm not looking to clone it, I'm just curious about it...  :icon_cool:

dr

.....you mean my CryBaby Stereo Fuzz Wah is not the first one?...... ::) :icon_lol:

enigmur

God that thing looks tacky  :icon_eek:
Quote from: jlullo on May 02, 2007, 12:37:12 AM
i have to get my hands on some of your germs.  very soon.
Anywhere but here, that would seem odd...

jonathan perez

indeed, ive heard that wah...sounds cool.

i wonder what it looks like inside....
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Paul Marossy

I agree, it looks tacky - well, downright ugly. But, it might sound fantastic!  :icon_wink:

petemoore

Fine job on the samples, sounds like a winner...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

sfr

I'll have to check this out at home when I have speakers, but the stereo wah with one wah reversed sounds like a very cool effect in theory.
sent from my orbital space station.

MartyMart

I think that it looks GREAT  !! :D
Sounds like  neat wah, 1up 1down is v cool too.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Aharon

Didn't Sanrling Dog have one lke that called the Erogenous Moan?
Aharon

Paul Marossy

I just listened to the soundclips. You can sure get a wide variety of sounds out of that thing! Pretty cool sounding stuff...

I guess I should have been a little more detailed on my stereo wah blurb. What they claim is that the "Mega Wah is the world's first stereo wah pedal with two independent channels". Maybe that is true?

Dave_B

I saw a broken one at Musicians Friend a while back.  Apparently that T-Bone design can be a problem if you step on it wrong. 

Here's a little more info on it. 
Help build our Wiki!

Paul Marossy

QuoteApparently that T-Bone design can be a problem if you step on it wrong. 

Why is that?! Does it break or something?

Dave_B

The rocker mechanism was ok and solid feeling, but the pedal had a couple of broken knobs.  I assumed from the looks of it that it was stepped on incorrectly, and with a bit of force. 
Help build our Wiki!

Paul Marossy

QuoteThe rocker mechanism was ok and solid feeling, but the pedal had a couple of broken knobs.  I assumed from the looks of it that it was stepped on incorrectly, and with a bit of force. 

Ah, OK. That's what I thought would be the weak link. That could be fixed by using higher quality knobs...