torchy's tremulus lune vero layout. wiring layout seems strange.

Started by funkbass187, March 28, 2007, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkbass187

i used torchy's vero layout for the tremulus lune and everything isgoing fine except i just got to the wiring of the pots and the layout doesn't match up to what's on tonepad layout. specifically with the speed and fine knobs. i'm comparing it to the schematic as well and it doesn't seem right. can someone put me in the direction of something that could help me sort this out. if it's needed i could post a copy of the layout if its okay with torchy and everything.

thanks for the help.
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

Jose Aparicio

funkbass187

the schematic isn't the same as what is on the vero layout. i wanted to clarify whether or not torchy's layout was wrong. does anyone have a correct copy of the vero layout because i finished everything on the board so i don't want to undo the pots and redo them if the rest of the layout is wrong.
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

Torchy

Here we go AGAIN.

Look, I have PMs from 9 people who have built the pedal from that layout, I have built 4 pedals from that layout. They all work. Marvellously. It helps if you look at the schem that was issued at the time the layout was done. Commonsound changed the schem when they released the v2.4 board and the schematic is dated 2007-03-02, the vero was done 15th June LAST YEAR.

So no, the layout isnt wrong. It is correct for the schematic below.

This is exactly why I took the layouts down and am not putting them back up. Its "DIY-by-numbers" with no research or thought.

black mariah

Quote from: Torchy on March 29, 2007, 06:26:49 PM
Its "DIY-by-numbers" with no research or thought.

Unless, of course, you count asking someone as research. :icon_rolleyes:

Is that year-old schematic available from the Commonsound website? I don't see it in the Tremulus section. Since, for obvious reasons, I haven't seen your layout, is it dated? Does it reference which version of the Commonsound schematic it is based on? Yes? No?

I'm just about sick of this holier-than-thou attitude some are copping as of late.

funkbass187

Quote from: Torchy on March 29, 2007, 06:26:49 PM
Here we go AGAIN.

Look, I have PMs from 9 people who have built the pedal from that layout, I have built 4 pedals from that layout. They all work. Marvellously. It helps if you look at the schem that was issued at the time the layout was done. Commonsound changed the schem when they released the v2.4 board and the schematic is dated 2007-03-02, the vero was done 15th June LAST YEAR.

So no, the layout isnt wrong. It is correct for the schematic below.

This is exactly why I took the layouts down and am not putting them back up. Its "DIY-by-numbers" with no research or thought.

thanks, that's all i wanted to know...

but also, i'm still unsure of what connects to the center lug of the "fine" pot if anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated.

slacker

The centre lug of the fine pot goes to the resistor thats R10 on the commonsound schematic. If you look at the schematic it shows the numbers of the lugs just wire it up like that. So long a both pots end up in series between the output of the opamp and R10 that's all that matters.
With regard to the whole diy by numbers business, surely that's what vero layouts or PCB layouts are for?
On the flipside of that though if you're building something from a layout someone has been good enough to provide then just follow it. If it doesn't work, then start asking questions.

Ge_Whiz

Quote from: black mariah on March 29, 2007, 07:02:40 PM
I'm just about sick of this holier-than-thou attitude some are copping as of late.

You probably haven't experienced the trail of irritating e-mails that follow every attempt to post a circuit, then. Even the trivially simple 'Strawberry Ice' brought me a dozen complaints from people that it didn't work. One guy sent me three e-mails demanding detailed construction notes (IT'S A SWITCH AND TWO DIODES, FOR GOD'S SAKE!) and then told me he wasn't going to build it because somebody at another forum had told him it couldn't work and anyway, would sound crap. Another person told me that it was only a copy of the 'Black Ice' (Yuh, but (i) more flexible and (ii) $30 cheaper).

Torchy and RoG have my sympathy.

black mariah

Quote from: Ge_Whiz on March 29, 2007, 07:35:48 PMYou probably haven't experienced the trail of irritating e-mails that follow every attempt to post a circuit, then. Even the trivially simple 'Strawberry Ice' brought me a dozen complaints from people that it didn't work. One guy sent me three e-mails demanding detailed construction notes (IT'S A SWITCH AND TWO DIODES, FOR GOD'S SAKE!) and then told me he wasn't going to build it because somebody at another forum had told him it couldn't work and anyway, would sound crap. Another person told me that it was only a copy of the 'Black Ice' (Yuh, but (i) more flexible and (ii) $30 cheaper).

Torchy and RoG have my sympathy.

People like that can be easily ignored. Learn to do so.