Oscilloscope prob to sound card line in buffer

Started by BASS4GOD, March 29, 2007, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASS4GOD

I made layout for this can som one please look at this and let me no if it's ok  :icon_mrgreen:
can i email it to sum one

mdh

If you meant to include a picture in your post, I'm not seeing it.

BASS4GOD

mdh

Not as such, but you can upload it somewhere else (just Google "free image hosting" for options), and then include the picture here using the "Insert Image" button right above the leftmost smilies.

BASS4GOD

thank you

WelshWonder

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does this device do?

BASS4GOD

it is a Oscilloscope buffer for a softwaer Oscilloscope it goes betwean a sound card and probe

GibsonGM

One would need the schematic to know if the connections you've laid out are correct....
There are a few different versions of a buffer for a scope out there, don't know which one you've got there.
;)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

mdh

Well, one thing that jumps out at me is that you don't have any power supply connected to the op-amp.  It's not indicated on the schematic, because it's taken for granted that op-amps need power.  Pin 4 should be connected to -12V and pin 8 should be connected to +12V.  I'm not saying those are the only mistakes, but I gotta get back to making dinner... I'll try to look at it in a little more detail tonight.

alextheian-alex

BASS4GOD

Thank's for help alextheian-alex what IC did you use.Did you draw it up i no it's a simple circuit i will have to remake it  maybe with a different IC

mdh

Most (but not all) dual op-amps have the same pinout, so you could probably just drop a different one in if you felt like it.  The ones that come to mind are 5532, TLC2272.  I built the same buffer with a TL082, though, and it seems to be just fine.  I haven't tested it extensively, but I have used it, and it seems to do the job.

alextheian-alex

Quote from: BASS4GOD on March 30, 2007, 12:15:50 AM
Thank's for help alextheian-alex what IC did you use.Did you draw it up i no it's a simple circuit i will have to remake it  maybe with a different IC

Don't remember...it was a few years back. probably just the lowest noise Jfet input opamp i had around.  I didn't even build it on a board... i  threw it together just point to point free wired and stuck it in a little ABS box.  I have a real scope, so It was just a little project to test out the software scopes that were around.