the "BigMan" projects NEWBE question

Started by msurdin, April 07, 2007, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msurdin

Hey,

I was wondering about the big man layout projects. Can I do them on the "Pad-per-hole" boards on small bear?
If i can when I put the parts in their designated holes do i just solder them down and thats it?

Thanks

K

petemoore

I was wondering about the big man layout projects. Can I do them on the "Pad-per-hole" boards on small bear?
If i can when I put the parts in their designated holes do i just solder them down and thats it?

At first, every question will seem to lead to three questions. Answering them one at a time is type consuming, and in my case, less than complete, concise and accurate.
  For complete, concise and accurate information on questions of all types, read:
  Read: while sorting through reading material for the exact answer you seek at this time, try to absorb the provided answers to other questions while/instead of skimming.
  GEO/FAQ/AMZ/ROG/links, links from links etc.
  Type 'circuit' in google
  _____
  A circuit will work if the values and connections are correct. it has to. perfboard is a choice which can be made to work, it's recommended for 'medium' projects, large projects with high parts counts may fare better on a confirmed layout using another type of board [vero and PCB etc.], I've debugged 4 stage phasers on perf though..ughhh.
  circuits can be 'hanging garden'..no board, or on [whaddyacallit ?] insulated lugs as seen in amps, a row of lugs along phelonic board [insulated by board] and a couple mounting tabs]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

96ecss

Quote from: msurdin on April 07, 2007, 02:27:12 PM
Hey,

Thanks

K

Hi, if I understand correctly, you're looking for instructions for using pad per hole board. Here is a great link to a project from Aron that has great instructions for building on pad per hole. http://www.diystompboxes.com/beginner/build/npnboostbuild.htm Just apply the techniques Aron demonstrates to the Big Man projects you're building. If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

Dave

TheBigMan

Well, you could.  They're meant for veroboard though, and given how cheap that is I'd recommend using it.  Aron sells it, and so do Smallbear IIRC.

mattpocket

Quote from: petemoore on April 07, 2007, 02:57:12 PM
  circuits can be 'hanging garden'..no board, or on [whaddyacallit ?] insulated lugs as seen in amps, a row of lugs along phelonic board [insulated by board] and a couple mounting tabs]

whaddyacallit: turrets/turret board
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket