3 pedals in 1 box

Started by colin trueman, April 10, 2007, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colin trueman

I'm going to put 3 pedals in 1 box all with their own footswitches and controls.What would be the best way to wire them together input to output on each pedal,or all of the outputs of each pedal to the main output and the same with the input.Any ideas anyone.

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

calculating_infinity

Mark Hammer

The "best" answer to this question will depend on just what exactly these 3 effects are.  Sometimes, the actual type of effect will suggest more and less useful switch arrangements.

So, what are you packing?

colin trueman

THANKYOU 8BITROCKOUT & MR DRAGONFLY.

jonathan perez

how is that not helping?

this topic has been covered almost every week, im sure youd get loads of results based on the title of the subject alone.

:D

colin trueman

i'M PACKIN A GERMANIUM FUZZ,RANGEMASTER & A COMPRESSOR

colin trueman

I DON'T GET CHANCE TO CHECK IV'E GOT A SOCIAL LIFE.

calculating_infinity

I understand TBOM.  It's just I thought I would just link him heh.  I actually tried a search with his subject title and it wasn't very successful.  With some things, I have a hard time searching for it.  And plus he has a social life you know.   :icon_lol:  Take it easy.

jonathan perez

Colin, you make it seem as if noone here has a "social life."

its 1 in the afternoon, i think its time to go hit the clubs, get my social life up and up!

colin trueman

I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME.

Mark Hammer

Go easy on him.  I've been here for almost a decade and I still can't use the search function very well. :icon_redface: 

That being said, there were a spate of 2-effects-in-one-box threads within the last few months.  Everything that applies there applies here.

Some questions...

What is the likelihood you would tend to use certain combinations of these together most of the time?  For instance, would you be likely to have the fuzz and Rangemaster on together on a regular basis?  Alternatively, is it the case you would NEVER have your fuzz and Rangemaster on at the same time, but only one OR the other?  Is it going to be the case that you'd want to be able to completely bypass or engage a combination of those 3 things via a "global bypass" switch?

It may be the case that you only want/need two footswitches, one for the compressor and one for the other two effects, with maybe a toggle to engage one or the other of that pair.  Again, keep in mind that footswitches need space to accommodate your aim and shoe size, and also tend to preclude anything else from being installed underneath them.  They also only need to be installed for things that NEED to be switched on and off by your feet.  For other things, sometimes it is entirely sufficient to use a toggle, because you'll never be switching that feature mid-song anyways.

So, think about what it is you NEED to be able to do with your feet, and what combinations you'll want instantly available, and that will dictate what sort of switching arrangement you should move towards.  We can take it from there once you have your wish list compiled.

MikeH

Austin Powers:  I seem to be having problems conTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!! 

Sorry- Had to.   ;D
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Fuzzy-Train

^ LOL... yeah, please stop typing in caps.

Social life or not. With the amount of time spent reading and asking question in this thread you could have found what you were looking for. :icon_wink:

I drew this up in paint a while ago. It only has 2 jacks, and one DC jack, but if you want to to add individual jacks for each FX it's fairly easy to change it. I also wired to go in order 2 1 3 for my self but that also can be easily changed.

One suggestion that someone gave me was to have your grounds and hot wires going to one source to make it easier. Here's a pic of what I mean. That one little board by the jacks is what I'm talking about.

THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Pushtone

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith