Source for these pots?

Started by audioguy, April 10, 2007, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioguy

calculating_infinity

Hey you can buy them from Mouser and most other places.  They are about 3 bucks a pop at Mouser.  :icon_cry:

audioguy

spudulike

They are about £3.50 in the UK !!!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Is there a makers name on them? And what is the size in mm? If it is 9mm Alps make some (around $2 in Aust) tht work, but I have also seen some horrible knockoffs.

Processaurus

Man, I've been looking everywhere for those, I think alpha some like that, and yes they are curiously expensive on mouser, and in limited values/tapers.  I can't find them anywhere else, at all.  Boss uses them, though, and so does Zvex.  I can't imagine boss especially paying twice as much for those as the 16mm alpha's we're used to.

smallbearelec

SBE will start to carry PC mount Alpha pots later this year. It will take me some time to gear up because of factory lead times and capital constraints, but it will happen, like some of my other made-to-order stuff, and for the same reason: There are many small boutiques that would like to build around these parts, but the high price/limited choices from Mouser make it difficult. Stay tuned.

SD

dano12

These are Alpha 9mm PCB mounts. Mouser has them:

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=311-1901F-10K

The are crazy expensive, and I buy 20-30 at a time. If they were cheaper, I'd use them a lot more.

R.G.

I believe you can get them for under US$0.75 each - if you buy over 5000 pieces of each value per order.   :icon_cry:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.