fuzz-swell-wah

Started by Storing!, April 10, 2007, 05:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storing!

My friend's a bassplayer that likes strange sounds for his bass. Among other things he's using an ampeg scrambler.
One of his toys is a Colorsound wah-fuzz-swell. He likes it a lot, but the fuzz isn't very usable because off a volume drop when engaged. I'm trying to fix this for him. For that a schematic would be really helpfull. My web search so far was unsuccessful.
Anybody out there who can give me a hand?

Thanks, E
Eric

rocket

The problem with most Colorsound pedals is that the circuits change alot overtime.
(They even admitt on their webpage that of 10 old tonbenders they analyzed for a reissue no  were alike).

I  have a relativly new fuzz - wah with twin t wah with only 1 transitor and a "fuzz" which is rather a Tubescreamer like overdrive.

I am afraid you need to trace the schematic yourself or at least provide photos (INSIDE!) to help to identify the version .

momiel

Here is the schematic

The fuzz is on the right.
To have a bigger output change the trimmer to 100k and the 100 ohm reistor near the second transistor to 470 ohm or even more
(I modded one and i used 1k2. very loud...)

I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...

Storing!

Thanks ;)

This will make the fix easier.

E

Eric

rocket

Could you please report if this schematic matches your pedal? Or if there are differneces?

momiel

The fuzz section is the same.I'm gonna check the wha in the next week... when I see the owner of this beautiful stompbox....
I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...