Crunch IT ! - My small contribution.

Started by Samy, April 11, 2007, 01:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbie builder

Quote from: bean on April 15, 2007, 12:42:51 PM
I've got a trimmer in place but haven't had a chance to experiment with it. I've completed the stripboard layout for this, as well, if anyone wants it. Too bad I screwed up the sealing on my box...now I have to re-sand and start over  :-[

I'll take a copy! gear542 AT gmail DOT com
Verified?
//

bean

I'll post it a little later. It's verified by me  :)

bean

newbie builder

//

BoostAddict

Mine just arrived today.  All I've gotta say is WOW.  My favorite dirt box right now.  Now I'm going to build one and try different chips and a mosfet/diode instead of the LED mod I saw on a different forum  ;D ;D

dosmun

Very nice.  I will give this a try,  hopefully tonight. :icon_cool:

John G

Hi,
I have performed the mods up to and including the LEDs on an old Dano Daddy O pedal, but have still retained the three section eq.The only addition to the remaining stock Daddy O was to include the Marshall Guvnors low pass filter after the level control.
I must say that it sounds infinitly better than the stock Dano, and can produce a multitude of Marshally type sounds.
One additional mod was to add a 1nF cap across the drive middle and end lugs to gee up the top end a bit as the drive control is reduced.
I think it was Doug or Mark that first suggested the cap idea.
Cheers
John G

markm

John G

Hi,
I ment Mark Hammer...............I think!
John G

jrc4558

Another try for a PCB layout. If anyone cares - PM me and I'll send the ExpressPCB file.
It is yet untested, so lets go through it together. :)
Power supply diode and C10 were omitted.

Samy

Hei Mr. Bean  ;D ...
you have used 10KB instead the 10KC on the original schematics, how's the "feeling" using the B comparing it to the C pot ?

Thanks

ANDYEFFECT

Quote from: bean on April 17, 2007, 10:00:25 PM
Here it is. Have fun!

:)

you can me evniar archive DIY? I am thankful
andyeffect@hotmail.com

bean

Quote from: Samy on April 19, 2007, 09:49:16 AM
Hei Mr. Bean  ;D ...
you have used 10KB instead the 10KC on the original schematics, how's the "feeling" using the B comparing it to the C pot ?

Thanks

You're right: I subbed 10kB for tone and also 100kA for drive and volume. It was just a matter of what I had on hand. The tone pot feels fine to me. Actually, I like the range of the tone control...the higher settings are actually useful, and not as brittle sounding to me as say a screamer. Using the audio taper on the drive made it a little bunchy, but I don't mind.

John G

Hi,
Further to my previous post I have been experimenting with changing out the op-amp types and pound as others have a huge difference in sound. I also noticed that with the same settings of the guitar and drive control the LEDs lit up differently depending on op-amp type used. The LM833 gave the brightest and and most symmetrical glow of them all ??
I am running the OD of a regulated supply and found that by dropping the PSU setting to 7.5v dc it gave almost all op-amp distortion (ie no LED glow), when on 9.5v dc just about equal op-amp and LED distortion, and when set to 12v dc it was purely all LED distortion. I used the 3mm LEDs but I think the picture posted shows 6mm reds. Does anyone know if they operate differently ?.
Thanks
John G

dosmun

spudulike

dosmun

Drive pot 1 and 3 need to be reversed on the Vero layout.  Sounds great thanks for the cool layout.

bean

Thanks for pointing that out, dosmun.

Please note I've moved the layout to my gallery:
Krunk Layout

markm

I added the SWTC to this circuit.
My schem was from a Japanese site so, it may differ I don't know.
Look here; http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album76/Crunch_d_Box_LAYOUT

Samy

Sorry my ignorance... SWTC ?
I think i got the schem from a Japanese site or blog too.