SparkleDrive Layout in the Gallery!

Started by markm, April 13, 2007, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alderbody

Quote from: markm on April 18, 2007, 10:50:46 AM
I'm interested!
For a simpler blend circuit, check out the Sprinkle-Drive.
Works just as well it seems.

the sprinkle drive layout is already copied...  thanks!

EDIT: PM sent.

spudulike

Quote from: remmelt on April 18, 2007, 12:12:06 PM
I'm building a Red Llama for a bass player next. I would like him to be able to mix in some clean signal as well, but also be able to use the effect regularly, so without any clean. Is that possible with this circuit? I guess I can exchange the TS for any other effect, right? Any other things I should take into account? Can I just as well use the sprinkle drive? What should I have for dinner tonight?

No.  Nonononono.

Guitar fx are not voiced for bass frequencies. You cant just slap a bass frequency spectrum into a TS and expect the same results as on the spectrum from a guitar.
Do some searching for a Paralooper, I believe Mooseapotomus (sp?) has a good one. This actually splits the lo and hi bass frequencies off, runs the hi-bass through the effect and then recombines the effected hi's with the clean lo's at the output. Infinitely better than trying a Sparkle/Sprinkle effort ..... IMHO.

Nice job on the Sparkledrive Mark ;)

timo

Quote from: remmelt on April 18, 2007, 12:12:06 PM
I'm building a Red Llama for a bass player next. I would like him to be able to mix in some clean signal as well, but also be able to use the effect regularly, so without any clean. Is that possible with this circuit? I guess I can exchange the TS for any other effect, right?

Hi, you might want to check out the ROG Ubescreamer at http://www.runoffgroove.com/ubescreamer.html

It looks like a great way to use those unused CMOS inverters for a clean signal path. I think you could swap the two 100k resistors before U1E with a 200k blend pot?

remmelt

Quote from: spudulike on April 19, 2007, 07:39:50 AM
No.  Nonononono.

Guitar fx are not voiced for bass frequencies.

I know. The thing is, he likes the pedal as is. I brought it with me to their practice space and gave it to the guitar player to try out. He liked it a lot. Then the bass player gave it a try as well and loved what it did for his sound. I fully agree with you, different frequencies for bass and regular guitar and all, but you can't argue with "that's the sound I like, make me one of those please!" Thanks for the ParaLooper suggestion though, I'll follow that lead for sure.

Thanks for the answers, markm, I appreciate it a lot.