What is the best chorus build and where can i find it?

Started by spiderman2812, April 21, 2007, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderman2812

I love Chorus (analogmans is great is there any comparable chorus builds out there or how bout the ones you've built? Just lookin for suggestions. Thanks kevin

Kornell

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

markm

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Mark Hammer

I don't know if it is the "best" chorus you can build, since "bests" are a matter of personal taste and judgment.

Having said that, I find the Tonepad Corrral CE-2 clone to be an extremely cost-effective and trouble-free build.  Sounds good and is easily moddable to sound better too.  Alternatively, consider picking yourself up a Danelestro Fab Chorus and modding/repackaging it.  In many locations, the cost for the Fab Chorus and additional parts would be roughly equivalent to buying the parts and making yourself a CE-2 from scratch.  If your goal is to say "I built it myself!", then take the Corrral/CE-2 route.  If your goal is to have a chorus you like in short order without having to etch, drill, debug, wait for parts, etc., then you can consider buying a Corrral board from Tonepad, or buying a Fab Chorus and modding it.  My tendency is to build from scratch because I like to, but I understand that not everyone has room for a drill press or is set up for etching.