Stereo true bypass?

Started by cakeworks, April 24, 2007, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cakeworks

I'm starting work on a true bypass box or two for a friend soon. At the end of his loop he has a stereo output pedal (echo park if you're interested). He was planning on whacking it after the bypass loops but I'm musing that perhaps it'd be possible to do if I added a millenium bypass circuit to a 3pdt... would anyone be able to tell me if that's possible/it would work? Has anyone done it before?

Thanks.
-Jack

Is that a plastic washing basket?

"Actually a Sterilite-branded storage tub.  Rubbermaid has better mojo, but it cost more" - Phaeton

Seljer

is stereo only coming out of the Echo Park or is there stereo already in front of the pedal?

Ben N

I assume you need the LED?

And that your friend really wants his delay inside the loop, knowing that when he punches it out, he will lose the "tails" of the repeats?

I dunno if a Millenium in an outboard TBP looper is a workable solution. I you really need stereo out TBP, try doing it with a momentary switch, logic and relays. Search the forum--this has come up before.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

cakeworks

Seljer: Yeah, just the output.

Would I not be able to use this technique and use the third row of lugs for the right channel?
-Jack

Is that a plastic washing basket?

"Actually a Sterilite-branded storage tub.  Rubbermaid has better mojo, but it cost more" - Phaeton

R.G.

I don't think you have enough poles in a 3PDT to do a stereo true bypass, LED or no.

It makes a lot more sense to use two NEC latching relays and just do it the obvious way. Two NEC EA series latching relays will cost you less than $6.00 from Mouser in the US.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

blanik

i made a stereo rebote with a 3PDT + millenium bypass...

sfr

I think it's going to depend on whether you just want to kill a second output when the effect is bypassed, split a single output to two when the effect is bypassed, or whether you actually have two inputs that you're switching through this pedal, rather than a single input and dual outs as the first two cases suggest.
sent from my orbital space station.

petemoore

Possiblity that 'buffering and 'old style fudgeing TB' might work good enough.
  IIRC [and I haven't ever wired one] old style 'bypass' like wahs hadve use an SPDT, which would still be available on the side of a 3pDT used for the first TB.
  Maybe one of the loops wouldn't mind that bit of loss or it could be compensated for...just an idea, might make it simpler.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

d95err

I'd just forget about "TRUE", add a buffer infront and switch the outputs only. That would work fine with a 3PDT.