Boss DD-6 High Cut Mod?

Started by TR in NC, April 25, 2007, 12:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR in NC

Can anyone tell me what the high cut mod is on the Boss DD-6?  I can't find any information anywhere other than AM performs this mod.

Thanks

warioblast

From Bieke on Harmony Central

"here's what I did
using a 3-way toggle switch
2 caps, 0.47 and 0.1 µf
2 strands of wire

solder the caps to the outer lugs of the switch
and 2 wires from the middle lugs of the switch, one wire to the outer lug of the feedback pot of the DD3, the other to the other outer lug of the feedback pot"

jonathan perez

no sir, the DD3 and DD6 are different.

did you use the search function? search for BOSS DELAY MODS
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

warioblast

jonathan perez

its all good, i actually saved the image of the switch on my desktop, as ive been looking for it for a while.  :)

warioblast

at least it was usefull for someone  :icon_mrgreen:

dbrodeur78

If some1 can send me the schematic, maybe i can resolve this!!

tx david

TR in NC

Thanks guys for looking.  I don't have a problem on working with surface mount components just looking for the mod...a schematic would be nice :icon_mrgreen:

Ted

warioblast

I've been  browsing the whole forum from the last page for a few days now; looking for a new project; and I found this
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=19237.0

jonathan perez

ok, so i guess it only works on the level pot, when using the dd5/6. understandable, but i wonder how well it sounds? give it a whack, and let us know!

:)

wampcat1

IIRC, that type of low pass filter mod doesn't work on the dd-6. I believe Analogman posted here a while back that he is changing a low pass filter after one of the smd opamps.

bw

Processaurus

I'm pretty sure the dry and wet are mixed digitally on the 6.  The wet level pot is just sending a 0 to 3.3v CV to the processor.  I always wondered how the analogman mod worked, if he had to add an analog mixing stage.

theblackman

Bought: zvex woolly mammoth, octane 3, moogerfooger ringmod, frostwave resonator, boss sd1, ds1, dd6
Built: big muff, green ringer, tremulus lune, the crank
Planned: harmonic percolator, pt80, shin ei.