Trouble Reading Schematic (vbb)

Started by sshrugg, April 28, 2007, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshrugg

Hey, all!

Probably an easy question for some of you, but I've only started a couple of projects.  I came across this schematic on the forum, and I'm interested in building this one.  Trouble is,  I'm not clear on what those "Vbb" boxes stand for...haven't seen 'em before.  Can anybody help me out?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8844/marshredwp5.gif

Thanks!
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

R.G.

They stand for "bias voltage".

Just connect all of the "Vbb" boxes together with wire.

The "named box" style of schematic is intended to remove a necessary, but otherwise uninteresting detail from obscuring how things work. Notice how all of the ground connections are show as just a ground symbol? Also the +V? The Vbb is the same way, just with less recognizable symbols.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

mattpocket

I'm loving this one as well mate... let us all know how it goes... a build report and pics would be nice! HINT HINT!

Hope it goes ok!

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

sshrugg

Sure thing.  Got a fuzz face and maestro superfuzz on the way.  I'll show you guys those ones too.

R.G. - Thanks a lot.  You rock.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)