footswitch for JCM2000 DSL

Started by jlullo, April 30, 2007, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

hey guys...
my friend lost his footswitch for his marshall JCM 2000 DSL head at their last show, and wants me to throw one together for him.

i've found the schem here:
http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/jcm2-61-02.pdf

but am a little confused as to how i extract the switching schem.  i guess what is messing me up is the connector points.  maybe it would help if i was actually looking at the amp.  any helpful hints here?

jonathan

QSQCaito

Well It's easy.

Not exactly what you want, but I think it will help:

plug your guitar cable to the footswitch output, And with a wire make both terminals of your wire short, but just for a second. If this works, well you just need to put a momentary switch into a box.

If I recall correctly, marshall footswitchs work this way.

Hope it helps

BYE BYE

DAC
D.A.C

jlullo

dac,
thank you for the info!  don't these footswitches switch between two channels though? 

jonathan

jakenold

The TSL I once had, had a MIDI plug for the switch. The switches wont set you back more than 50-60$ in a store, so I wonder if it's worth making a replacement solely to save money.

WelshWonder

I have a DSL100 and opened it up, it's a simple device. It works as QSQCaito stated

You can do it with a simple SPDT or SPST footswitch. When the wires are unshorted, channel one is activated, when they are shorted, channel 2 is activated. If I get time later, I'll take some pictures for you...

QSQCaito

Very easy build, no electronic involved. Just a box and a coule of switches. If you want you can add leds, but that involves having a battery.

Oh, if you have two channels.. Just send a stereo cable ;)

Use sleeve as the common, and the long tip for one, the short tip for the other one ;)

Hope it helps

Bye bye.
D.A.C

jlullo

awesome... thanks so much guys!

jonathan