News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Man, I really loved the words and the pic...Got a Kramer?! I absolutely want to see it!!! I am a Kramer fanatic, I used to write on Kramer forum and got some of those babies...And as a lefty, I just got wet seeing that Strat, plus I love maple necks...

And you know I am a big Malmsteen fan... :icon_wink:
So your post is just  :icon_cool: to me...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

alteredsounds

Hey man, I love my old kramer, i dont really gig it anymore because it's a shredding machine and sadly i dont do shredding gigs.  I'll post a pic of the Kramer and Malmsteen soon as I get the thing back together, my mate got the scratchplate signed but I prob wont use that one on the guitar.

Renegadrian

You can see my guitars at page 12 - there's not the last oneI restored, a lefty Pacer Custom I in black...a beauty!!!

The Iron Chef

QuoteDid you post a picture of that bridge at MIMF?

Oh, Yes I did. It is anodized now 'tho.  ;) 

and thanks for the kind words.
-Keith
-Keith
I build stuff everyday.

Ripthorn

Here is a picture of the three that I have built so far.  I have a bass (center) that has a P/J set and a piezo in the bridge.  The one on the left is an original design, three single coils, blocked trem and plenty of cavity space for some future onboard projects.  The one on the right is a PRS copy, thin solid maple, neck-thru with EMG 81/85 set, bloodwood fretboard.  They are in front of my amp because I don't have a stand that will stand three at a time.  Not pictured are the commercial models: a PRS and an ESP.

Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

craigjames

i love strats!!!! and beating them ;D and then lovin on them so gooood.. white one is a 97 american standard that "caught" fire.....black one is actually a squier with all electronics, harware, nut, bridge saddles upgraded and it sounds great!! ive got a few more but they are in their cases right now and these 2 are the ones i like to play most...maybe ill post em later

knealebrown

My original 1977 fender stratocaster signed by 'Peter Green' of 'fleetwood mac', will never get rid of it  ;D

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Renegadrian

craigjames, wow, pretty beaten up strats! you really abuse them! (the Strat protection society will be informed about that...)
knealebrown, what's that mini-switch for?

knealebrown

it doesnt do anything but keep the dust out of the cavity at the moment (i believe there was originally a coil tap in there years ago- all original pups now though) just build a stratoblaster though so considering putting it in  :-\ dont want to drill another hole in the scratch plate though, all those holes could depreciate its value, any advice? 

Auke Haarsma

Ah, first time I notice this thread! I already posted a pic in the Pictures thread, but this seems like a better place. My new guitar:

A Taylor T5 Custom (C2). Amazing instrument. Sounds great acoustic, semi-acousitc and electric. Pics:

knealebrown

Those taylors are great, piezoelectric bridge? even sound good with some distortion on lol  :icon_biggrin:

heres my reissue '72 tele, which has been sprayed gold, great guitar, possibly thinking about mounting a stratoblaster in it soon  :icon_wink:

biggy boy

Here is a bunch of guitars and basses I have made.
The two righties are for my guitar instructors.

Gladmarr

I just got this:

I'm really getting into Japanese Lawsuit guitars.  I've got a Tokai explorer and a Burny SG as well.  Good stuff.  I can see why Gibson sued them!

kierc

I'm totally sold on old Japanese guitars too - I've got a 1979 Greco Super Sound strat that I love - will have to get some photo's of it  ;D

studiostud

Here's a little mod project I did to my little Tele "Frankencaster".

I'm called this the "burn victim" finish.   :icon_biggrin:

I also did a couple electronics mods that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I installed two switches in between the two control pots. One of the switches allows the player to choose between using the tone control knob as a regular tone control, or using it as a passive overdrive control with Germanium clipping diodes. The other switch allows the player to choose between sending the signal through the regular configuration, or taking the signal directly from the pickups to the output jack which can yield some very different tones depending on your amp/effects choice.

Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

deaconque

Jeff, would you mind explaining how you do those mods?

soggybag

I haven't seen too many Deans up here so I thought I'd post mine. This was made in the Czech republic in the '90s sometime or so I've been told. It plays great. The bridge pick up had been replaced with a George Lynch Screamin' Demon. I didn't like this, so I switched both picks for an Air Zone and an Air Norton.

A funny thing about the bridge. The bridge on this guitar has a Fender Spacing, which is a little wider than the spacing on a Gibson, even though it has a Gibson style Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tail piece. The original pick had the Gibson spacing and so the pole pieces sat inside the two outer strings by a small amount.

These pictures show the picks ups that were installed when I bought it. The new ones are both zebra style so they have the stock look.

I included this picture because the heal on the guitar impressed. It's shaped very nicely looks great and feels good to play. Nice attention to detail by Dean.

Nice mother of pearl logo. It doesn't have the fancy multilayer binding that is very popular these days.

BAARON

Deans are cute.  My first guitar was a Dean.  Have you seen the new DBZ guitars?  Dean Zelinsky left Dean Guitars (again) and formed a new company.

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

studiostud

Quote from: deaconque on May 23, 2009, 11:36:08 PM
Jeff, would you mind explaining how you do those mods?

It was a combination of a heat gun and a Dremel tool with a 1/2" sanding wheel.  The heat gun darkened the wood areas and initially was used to blister and crack the paint around the edges.  Then the dremel with the sanding wheel was used to grind down the paint to the wood.  It's a cheap mexican tele so the paint layers were pretty thick.  The sort of leopard print pattern in the large area was just sort of the result of how the dremel worked to grind down areas that weren't on the edges.  I can give you a more detailed step by step of you want.  I wrote one out in an email to a buddy so I can just copy and paste.  It's pretty long though so instead of posting it, I'll save those not interested the hassle and just provide it to people that want it.

Jeff
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Andi

Just a CAD mockup at the mo (I've made some changes since on the controls and scratchplate) but this is roughly what I'm planning to build when I go (back) on a guitar-making course at the end of August. I'm quite pleased at having turned a JM into a 7-stringer without making it look too badly out of proportion.