Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenmachine

Diggin' that lofi  ;D Nice!

Will.mendil

Quote from: Mac Walker on February 03, 2014, 10:44:15 PM
#13, almost finished.  First attempt at a semi-hollow body.  I bought a CNC machine over a year ago but haven't had much time to learn how to use it.

Anyway this is eventually going to get something else for the bridge, a humbucker or maybe something a little fatter than a normal single coil tele bridge (any recommendations?).  Still thinking of other things I can do, I know it really needs a neck pickup, but...

You did all of it? Cool! As for the pickups I can only recommend what I personally love most. The Seth lovers ! I got them in gold on my lp and they are one of the best sounding pickups I have used. I have to be honest though. I only know Seymour Duncan since my guitar teacher (who built his own guitars) only swore by SD so I could test them now and then when he had a new model and they all sounded great. Depending on the style you want to play. The lovers are more rock blues oriented.  voila

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage-output/sh55_seth_lover/
Don't know what to do with a paritculare transistor? Check this website where stompbox pedals are listed by what transistors they use

http://scfxguide.wordpress.com/

shawnee

After years of making experimental musical instruments my ideas of how a guitar could be changed a little. The body shape is copied from something or other and before the current neck, which is an ol' Ibanez 6 a side with wood added and holes filled, it had a shorter scale one which was pretty crap but the truss rod snaped so on went this one after cutting the end off to make it suit the bridge position.

The bodies Fijian Kauri and kinda sculpted and maybe soon, though most probably later, I'm gonna burn in a design 'cause I built a wood burner from one of my ol' solid state amps PT by rewinding it with wall wire down to about 2.5V, but mucho amps, and built a dimmer to heat the tip of nichrome.

And the pickguard is clear acrylic with the back etched with a dremel.

And the bridge pickup, in a wooden shell, is an ol' ibanez copy gibson single... can't remember what we call them... pups?
I used to be sean k... and, incidentaly, I still am!

italianguy63

I guess I like Epiphones... seems I am collecting them (left to right):

Epiphone Dot archtop, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Epiphone SG Goth w/EMG 81/85's, Epiphone Less Paul Bull's Eye Custom, and Applause electro/acoustic round-back.

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

haveyouseenhim

I bet that plasma spiral adds some sick toan to your amp  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

italianguy63

I actually modded the amp-- it has blue lights in it, and a blue jewel.  Suprised you didn't notice the Bettie Page lunchbox and action figure in the bottom right.

Pic for you Mike:

Actually changing the jewel color is a PITA.  You have to take the amp all apart to get to the LED on the circuit board....  I obviously have a problem with leaving things "stock."  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

SonicVI

My first at home electric build, a non-reverse Firebird copy.

seadi123

Quote from: SonicVI on April 23, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

Did you cut the pickguard by yourself ?

SonicVI

Quote from: seadi123 on April 23, 2014, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on April 23, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

Did you cut the pickguard by yourself ?

yep

seadi123

It really looks awesome !!! Do you think i can cut one with a regular electric saw ? (like this)
ps. i also have one of these . Does it do the job ?

SonicVI

Quote from: seadi123 on April 23, 2014, 09:23:08 PM
It really looks awesome !!! Do you think i can cut one with a regular electric saw ? (like this)

No, you need a router table with a template and bearing bits if you want it to look good and have a bevel.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: italianguy63 on April 23, 2014, 06:39:41 AM
Pic for you Mike:

I think we might be long lost brothers or something......   :icon_eek:

• SUPPORTER

italianguy63

No F-ing way!!  Plasma spiral and all.  Crazy.   :icon_cool:

Do you have a Bettie Page lunch box or action figure?!  ROFL.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: italianguy63 on April 24, 2014, 03:25:06 AM
Do you have a Bettie Page lunch box or action figure?!  ROFL.

NO WAY!  I have a Betty Page blow up doll........   :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

I am sure it is much to the chagrin of several members of this forum that you have been cloned by aliens.   :D

GaryM

GGBB

Quote from: SonicVI on April 23, 2014, 09:29:44 PM

No, you need a router table with a template and bearing bits if you want it to look good and have a bevel.

Actually, it depends how good you are with tools.  I did this (my customized Squier '51) with a jig saw, a coping saw, a file, a drill, and patience:

This was originally a strat blank.  I had to do the pickup holes, square off the neck pocket, enlarge the bridge cutout, cut the bottom off, and drill and bevel the screw holes.  I made a template from the existing pickguard and layed that over a strat pickguard template to mark the pickup and screw holes and neck pocket, then ran a straight line across the bottom and hand rounded the corners.  Once cut to rough size, I used a hand file to finish the cuts and bevel the bottom cut to match the existing outside bevel.  The beveling was actually the easiest part.  Pickguard material is soft enough that it is easy to work with hand tools.  These pics aren't that close-up, but you wouldn't know this was hand-done, and I'm no professional, nor had I ever done anything like this before.  You just need patience and a good eye.

EDIT:  Also had to make the notch for the control plate!
  • SUPPORTER

seadi123

Quote from: GGBB on April 24, 2014, 11:26:01 AM
Quote from: SonicVI on April 23, 2014, 09:29:44 PM

Actually, it depends how good you are with tools.  I did this (my customized Squier '51) with a jig saw, a coping saw, a file, a drill, and patience:

This was originally a strat blank.  I had to do the pickup holes, square off the neck pocket, enlarge the bridge cutout, cut the bottom off, and drill and bevel the screw holes.  I made a template from the existing pickguard and layed that over a strat pickguard template to mark the pickup and screw holes and neck pocket, then ran a straight line across the bottom and hand rounded the corners.  Once cut to rough size, I used a hand file to finish the cuts and bevel the bottom cut to match the existing outside bevel.  The beveling was actually the easiest part.  Pickguard material is soft enough that it is easy to work with hand tools.  These pics aren't that close-up, but you wouldn't know this was hand-done, and I'm no professional, nor had I ever done anything like this before.  You just need patience and a good eye.

Now that's unique :)

davent

That came out great Gord,  never be overstated how important patience is to getting excellent results!

GFS pickups? I've a couple beat up 51's using a variety of their pickups and tuners.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

seadi123