News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

storyboardist

I finished this one up last night.

Made a matching booster pedal to match too!

Digger1770

I made this while away from home renovating a house in Grafton and living in the shed for three months.

Single string "Diddley bow"made from scrap. neck and bridge PU and Truss rod!
Converted the $2 tip radio for 9v battery and gave it all to the neighbour.

Jdansti

^Cool!  Was the neck once a paddle?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

poojalooba_cow

Here's the family:

Fender Telecaster HSS, Gretsch G5422TDC, Godin Richmond Dorchester, Ibanez Jet King 3, and a Fender Mustang III V2 amp.

Here's the smaller family (Older picture) but with my acoustic and my pedals:

Alvarez spruce-top acoustic.  Pedals are a transistor buffer, Fuzz Face, Easyvibe (Univibe clone), bufferless Tube Screamer, and Neutron Auto-wah (Mutron III clone).  Plus two pedals from my amp.

The acoustic doesn't hang out with the pedals very much.

poojalooba_cow

Fixed it.  Image permissions were wonky on Google Drive.  All better now.

vigilante397

Good looking family for sure :)

Quote from: poojalooba_cow on October 28, 2014, 10:00:44 PM
The acoustic doesn't hang out with the pedals very much.

Even when I play an acoustic gig I refuse to do so without at least a couple pedals, namely buffer, delay, reverb, and my Ditto looper 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

''The acoustic doesn't hang out with the pedals very much.''

that' why he has a sad face.. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 30, 2014, 03:36:22 AM
that' why he has a sad face.. :)

I'm filling up!   :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Anyway, nice family snaps.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

i bit a serious bullet and against all advice and research i went ahead and bought........i'm embarrassed to say.... :icon_redface:

erm..... :icon_redface:.......a lefty.........7 string.................chibanez.....don't laugh ;D....  (just waiting on delivery)..

but for £160.00 i thought what the heck....i was going to get a lefty 7 string kit to build my own for the same price..

so thought , sod it, i'll get it built and then do the inevitable tweaking/modding....if the trem (which is highly likely)  is crap i'll just lock it off..

we'll see, should arrive in 2 weeks -ish......detuned doom coming up....been after a 7 string lefty for years...

very excited...this is the actual pics of it the guy sent.....(hope his guitar making skills are better than his camera ::))

when it arrives , i'll do a report... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

Nice Rob. I am currently another lefty in the world in search of a new guitar  :-\

Six string in my case...
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

vigilante397

I met a gentleman at my work who informed me that I have been pronouncing "Ibanez" wrong my entire life. He assured me it was pronounced ee-bah-nyez because "it's a Spanish company." I didn't want to be the one to tell him :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

They did take the name from Salvador Ibáñez, whose guitars they were importing from Spain 80 years ago.  And the Japanese pronunciation is way different again!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Mustachio

Nice find rob looks like a great guitar!

Man I been thinking about getting/making something with a floyd rose style trem for a few years. I've never owned a floyd and I can't even remember the last time I played a guitar with one. They look fun! And I had locked down the trem on my old strat years ago so no dive bombs for me. But I find myself wanting to use a nice locking trem and do some light wobbles in my rythem for those cool old jazzy sounds.

Your a beast of a guitarist , can't wait to hear you with an extra low string  :icon_twisted:
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Alejandro B.

Nice guitar deadastronaut (not pictures  :icon_mrgreen:) hope you´ve bought a decent piece of guitar!! My friend bought some weeks ago a Chibson Les Paul. Pickups and electronics are quite crapy (he rebuilt the whole  thing and made the split coil mod... and also waxed pickups). Aparently it´s an awesome guitar, but when paying more attention you see clearly that is cheap for evident reasons: bindings problems, inlays poorly placed, had to polish some frets... all you know by reviews that brings a chibson... but, well, for the price you can always look cool in pics!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:.
Now that it´s been "corrected" is a nice guitar and sounds quite consistent.

Ibanez affair: man, I´m spanish and I can assure that man that it´s not a spanish company  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:... here you can find nice classic guitars and wonderful flamenco guitars, but no electric guitars produced in factories like Gibson or Fender. Obviously there are small builders that build incredible guitars... but ibanez it´s not one of them  ;D.

Indeed Ibañez was a famous classical guitar builder many years ago.

Also I can show you another ibanez very famous among children  :D :D:

http://www.mortadeloyfilemon.com/ibanez/index.asp

Of course, he neither builds guitars  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

scuzzphut

Pro-Tip for your Chibanez, Rob H. The pickups will likely be shatpank. A quick upgrade would be to install a couple of EMG-type preamps to convert them to actives. I have built 4 of these so far with great results each time.

http://www.paulinthelab.com/2012/04/emg-active-preamp-for-8185-pickups.html#comment-form

If you are making two, sandwich them back to back with a bit of foam between them - you can then common up the 9V and Gnd with a couple of wee link wires.

Crowella

Anyway, my weapon of choice has a string missing compared to all the ones here. Pedulla Rapture RB5. My god it's an amazing bass. If I find a second in the country I'll be all over it.  :icon_lol:

I miss that Acoustic 220 :icon_cry:
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

gtudoran

Crowella

Couldn't be bothered cropping the image.  :'( Just cover the left part of the image with your hand and gasp at the bass.  :icon_lol:
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

Hatredman

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.